3 month MRI scan tomorrow

Hi all. I'm having my first MRI scan since treatment tomorrow. However I don't have an appointment with the oncologist until January 10th. Surely they won't leave me waiting that long for any results ?? What happened with yours please ?

Hi 

First want to wish u good luck and pray all goes good for you. Most of the time my doctor will call me and let me know. The only time they wait is if i am coming in soon. :-)

Thanks Mmouse. I intend to ask when I have the scan but I know some staff won't tell you anything. The lady who did my ultrasound pre treatment was excellent and showed me all the pictures

Hiya

i was kind of the sameish with my first scan, had it on 14th December and didn’t see my consultant u TIL 9th January. Not as long as you but it was mental torture. you can always do,your best puppy dog eyes and ask;).

Back from the hospital now. MRI scanner was running about an hour late. They couldn't tell or show me anything as they said it has to be compiled by computer before anyone can analyse it. The scan took about half an hour but they played sixties music for me and I nearly dozed off

I hope the results have the best possible outcome. Xx

I've still not heard anything . I am hoping that means all is OK ? Surely they would let me know before January if anything is wrong ?

Hi Sooze, 

Can you call them? I just rang my radiation nurses 2 weeks ago who got me into to see my radiation oncologist, who did an exam, took pathology and did a CT as I have significant new changes and symptoms. I find it impossible to contact my gynae doctors and my medical oncologist isn't set up for exams. So I find my radiation oncologist easier.  Try and give the nurses a call. They might even be able to find someone to advise you over the phone. 

I'm Australian though, so our system is a little different. 

Best wishes xx

Thanks Bexter. 

My problem is I was diagnosed at our local hospital but had to travel to one 30 miles away for treatment. I was assigned a nurse contact at the local hospital but once I started treatment I never saw her again. I saw lots of different people at the treatment hospital, but had no specific "contact" person. I always felt rather in limbo. I'll try and contact the original nurse and see if she can update me.

I'm feeling fairly well . I'm still finding it sore if I sit down too quickly and it hurts sometimes when I pee but otherwise OK so I'm hoping no news is good news :)

That does make it hard Sooze! I feel better knowing who to contact now, if something goes wrong. It gets complicated, when you see so many people, and they each have the different bits that they look after. Glad  that you are going okay. Best wishes for the scan results when you finally get them xx

I phoned around today. No results at my GP. Oncology secretary said she couldn't give results over the phone and she would ask the doctor to write to me.  I then phoned the original designated nurse. She had a quick look and said it looked good and there wasn't anything to worry about. Still not totally sure what that meanns but it sounds promising

That does sound promising Laughing