Feel stupid (Newbie)

Hi everyone, I'm new here so very sorry if I mess up.

I had abnormal smear which showed borderline changes in September, I was refered to Coloscopy which I was terribly nervous about but my mum held my hand while I had a punch biopsy 19th October. (I was really nervous and was shakiing but I let the procedure happen and found it not to be painful just uncomfortable).

Results told my hospital that it was Cin1 but it was sent to MDT and revealed I have Cin2 and CGIN High grade.Told to go in for LLETZ which i attended yesterday only to get there and be told im actualy going to have cone biopsy aswell and the doctor is male.. This totally threw me off guard and I completely froze up and started to cry, I couldnt bare the thought of local anesthetic inside me. 

They said I could come back and have the procedure under general to which I agreed but now I feel like a total idiot that I acted that way. After reading on here quite a bit it seems most women are offered general to start with. and i'm wondering why this wasnt offered to me to start with? 

Am I acting like a child about a simple prcedure that didn't need general?

Hello HeidiCake!

Had my app 6th of november for colposcopy plus lletz biopsy taken but the nurse said that my walls collapsed so she cant do it doctor need to see me if he cant manage i will need a Ga i start to cry sooo much and saying please i dont want to be putted to sleep :D then had my app with doctor male so happy as males r more delicate in my opinion local an he manage!! Yay 15min done.

I think you r brave to go for general anestethic im too scared :(

Hey don't stress everyone is different and literally depending on what doctor you get depends on whether itd local or general. It's great they've giving you a choice and definately dont feel stupid! It's not stupid at all.

I had my lletz under general a week ago and I found it great and wouldn't go for local if I had the choice. It costs more and you'e groggy after the anesthetic for a few hours but otherwise everything is the same and there's no anxiety or stress cos you're asleep.

You're welcome to PM if my experience helps you or whatever but don't you dare feel silly! Its a vulnerable time but everything will be okay. 

Hey, I've had my Lletz under GA. That was my second time so I knew what to expect. But I understand everything at the moment is scary.

I prefered GA as you it's over with quicker. I always feel great when I wake up, although I usually chat rubbish for the first 20 minutes.

I hope everything goes well for you. xx

Hi guys new here and need some advice 

got my results back after previous years of normal results and they came as a total shock HPV and high-grade (moderate) dyskaryosis got a call two days later asking if I could go and get a colposcopy unfortunately I could not go and arranged another app I go this tues on the 12th and I’m petrified not sure what is going to happen I had read about what the procedure but not sure if I’m having Lletz done until I get there I am really scared sounds silly but been 29 and scared out my witts is not me I was wondering about the local anaesthetic does it hurt as I do not cope well with pain 

thank you 

Hi i had my LLETZ with local anaesthetic, it didnt hurt but it made my hands and feet feel abit tingly and my heart was beating fast but it didnt last long. Xx

HI

I had my lletz treatment yesterday for CN3.  I had LA and was in and out in 15 mins and did not feel a thing even when they injected the LA.  The preperation took longer then the actual procedure to remove the cells.  Hoping to get the all clear within 4 weeks.  Can not believe how painless and quick it all was.  I was more embarrassed and upset as I was on my period but I didn't want to delay the treatment.  Feeling fine today. This forum has been a god send while was waiting and worrying, but the waiting was far worse than the actual procedure.

Hi everyone, 

I am new here and am unsure with how this works. I think I am looking for some advice. From the age of 12 to 21 I had a completely normal period. Very little issues if any. I met my boyfriend when I was 21 almost 22 and had sex for the first time. Now for the past year (I am now 23), my periods have been irregular. This started by me having some light spotting between my periods. My period coming for a day then stopping the next before coming back. 

I have been to the doctor and they don't seem concerned. As I am too young for a smear test they don't seem to care about me. I am sick of dealing with the anxiety every month on when my period will come. Does any of this ring warning bells? Am I correct to being worried? 

Thank you.