Exercising after LLETZ

Hi All,

I had the LLETZ treatment just over 2 weeks ago.

I had a bit of bleeding to begin with and since then have felt ok!

I have been sticking to the guidance not to exercise etc.. So my question is has anyone exercised within the 4 week period and it had any negative effect?

or am I best just waiting a further 2 weeks?

Thanks

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Glad it all went well and you're feeling better. I would wait to be honest - as gross as it sounds, there will be fairly big scab at the top of your cervix and if you exercise it may come out before it's meant to. The first LLETZ I had, I went for a light jog 3 weeks afterwards and caused myself to bleed. I had my second LLETZ in Dec last year and I waited the full 4 weeks before exercising again and I haven't had any problems this time.

Best just to wait rather than set yourself back for the sake of a few weeks. Lucy xx

Just wanted to say I feel your frustration Pamela,  I am 2 weeks post lletz and itching to get running....but don't as Lucy said it isn't worth it. Gentle exercise that doesn't make you out of breath or sweat and doesn't involve too much bouncing around is prob ok. I am trying to console myself with some brisk walking! 

Thank you both for your replies :) I thought it would be silly but wondered if anyone had any success!

the reason I ask is I have substituted the gym for chocolate and crisps! My personal trainer cant shout at me when I am out of action! (facepalm)

Glad you both are on the mend :) xx

Hi ladies,

Just after some more feedback from this! I'm in Australia.. receiving really mixed messages.

I had my LLETZ under general anaesthetic on Wednesday 25/2.  Back at work today 27/2.  I feel totally fine, have felt fine from pretty much straight after the procedure except for some very minor cramps the first hour or two post.  Otherwise I felt back to normal straight away.  I have had very minimal bleeding, just a light discharge.

I have been advised by a close friend who is also an OB that I should be able to return to exercise about 72 hours post procedure.  My OB/GYN who did the procedure advised I could return to exercising when bleeding had stopped (but I haven't really had any), which she suggested may be about a week.

I normally train at the gym 6x per week (3x heavy weights session, 2x boot camp/PT sessions, 1x HIIT session).  It's KILLING me not to be able to exercise, and the thought of having to take 4 weeks off like I've read online is unthinkable!!!

Is it ok to start going back to some light training in the next few days (walking/low impact cardio) and then build up again next week to my normal training regime?

What are the risks of exercising, considering I feel perfectly normal?

Hey - how did you go? I'm Aussie too and in exact me boat as you. Actually just had  small Lletz today. The doctor said anything seated was fine so was just going to do some seated stuff And walking. How long did you wait before you did any exercise?