Exercise advice after LLETZ

I had a colposcopy and LLETZ procedure nearly two weeks ago. My bleeding is minimal and I was hoping to return to the gym in a couple days.
My husband doesn’t think I should but I can’t see why not.
People thoughts and experiences greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi there

I think you'll know if you're overdoing it! I found that if I lifted anything heavy afterwards, I could feel a 'tugging' sensation inside, which told me probably best not to be doing that for a bit :-) If you're doing some light jogging or something, maybe that won't be an issue though.

I reckon try it and your body will tell you if it's not a good plan!

E

Hi emmalouise,

It's been almost 2 weeks since my LLETZ too and I've started doing normal things again. Moved house this weekend just gone so couldn't avoid lifting heavy things all day and running around a fair bit. Haven't had many problems with that, but I started cycling into work again this week and that has given me really bad pains (like period pains). Haven't gone back to running yet (I usually do about 2.5 hours running per week), but can't wait to get back to excercise like you! I would agree with moggsy - do a little bit, but listen to your body, make sure you don't hurt yourself :)

It's hard waiting though isn't it - I'm going crazy being out of my normal routine! Haven't had any bleeding yet and minimal discharge, so want to get back to it, but don't want to push it and get an infection. Almost as frustrating as waiting for results, haha!

I'm 2 weeks post lletz and although I'm doing okay I was unlucky enough to get an infection 3 days post treatment. This has put me off rushing back to my usual exercise routine but my god do I miss it!! Try moderate like power walking rather than running and see how you go X 

Thanks ladies for your replies. As it happens I haven't gone back to the gym. Literally the day before I had decided to go back I started getting some very uncomfortable period pain followed by several blood clots. I'm not worried about this, I'm sure it's all part of the process but it made me realise there is no rush to go back to the gym...A few more days won't hurt x

Hey there :blush:

I had LLETZ a few months ago and felt fine pretty much straight after. I went back to work a few days after and started exercising about a week after. But everyone is different of course though please listen to your body and do what feels best for you. Wishing you the best!

Hi @Zoejane32 and everyone,
Advice regarding exercising can be so confusing!
What is actually considered as heavy exercise? How about stretching and yoga?
I had Lletz 3 days ago and would like to keep doing a bit of exercise and I’m wondering what’s acceptable…

I had the LLETZ 9 days ago now, my normal routine is going the gym 3/4 times a week and weight training!

The advice on working out I’ve found to be vague so personally I’m just going off how my body feels and easing myself back into it! To date I haven’t been to the gym I think I’m going to at least rest for 2 weeks to give my body chance to recover then when I go back I’ll start with light weights again and build myself back up from there!

I think stretching and yoga would be fine as long as your not straining, I’ve tried to stretch abit each day if I feel up to it (as not going the gym mentally I find hard), but I’ve found certain movements make me feel like a pinch so I suppose you just have to go off what you know about your body and how your feeling and try not rush anything xx

1 Like

You’re right. I want to keep doing a little something so I don’t let my body go. I’m doing some gentle yoga for now and mostly using the upper body.
It’s such a frustrating time and not being able to exercise doesn’t help, even though I don’t do that much usually.

1 Like