LLETZ & Recovery

Hi there, I had my Colposcopy on 5th January and at the time they did LLETZ treatment as I asked (I have had abnormal cells in smear for 2 years with minor symptoms and they both came back with Ectropian) so they agreed they could do LLETZ there and then to treat the Ectropion and small area of abnormal cells.

Now anyway, I am just wondering peoples advice on exercising? It doesn't actually say anything about exercise on the aftercare leaflet I was given but I did ask my doctor at the time and he said nothing for 4-6 weeks? I feel absoloutley fine now apart from small amount bleeding but just wondering if anyone has had returned to the gym/ exercise? I am thinking next week will be my 2 week mark and I can start to gradually incoperate exercise into my routine again? Also, how long did people experience bleeding for I am on day 10 and bleeding.

Hi Ellie,

I only had my LLETZ on Monday but the info I was given after says no exercise for 1 week and then no crazy exercise for atleast 4 weeks. They did tell me that everyone heals differently and to go by how much I am bleeding e.t.c..

Even if we feel good to go in ourselves, remember there's still a part of us trying to heal over :)

Hi Ellie 

I was told no exercise for 6 weeks, I explicitly asked can I do body weight expercise in 3-4 weeks if I feel better and she said absolutely not. She said it's not worth the risk. The most I'm allowed to do is walk the dogs but explicitly no jogging or running and not for more than an hour. 
Now I've done some moving around since Xmas and some decorating and I definitely seem to bleed more after I do something as little as that (no pain) and then feel drained. It could be in my head but I think it's linked.

Personally I would wait at least 4 weeks, I know it's hard to sit still, take it easy and relax especially when you are feeling better but essentially you are causing the healing to take longer and risk infection. 

xx

Hi, 

I didn't even do proper exercise but I had one day of sorting out a bedroom 3 weeks later and had a BIG bleed and lots of pain. Then 5 weeks post LLETZ I went on a long walk and had another massive bleed. Might be different for everyone but I felt fine at these points but obviously my body wasn't fine, so be careful! 

x

wThank you everyone for your comments.

Good to know that you were told the same as I just couldn't find much information online in regards to exercise after it. 
I will hold off till atleast my 4 week mark and then perhaps do something light and see how I feel after as last thing I want is any problems / infections or anything ! X

Fab news just got my results back and all clear, no abnormal cells/ pre-cancerous :D 

I have also been told I can get back to exercise this week just too not go to hard first couple weeks x 

This is wonderful news. I'm so pleased for you ?