Exercise and advice post lletz

Hi all

i am a week post my lletz procedure and just wondered if anyone had any advice re exercising? 

I know it is advised not to do anything strenuous for 4 weeks - which I completely understand - I just wondered if anyone has incorporated any form of exercise back in after a certain period of time and if so what did you do?

i am a very active person and it is beginning to really affect me mentally - I have also been signed off work due to the nature of my job (I work for an airline) and with all the free time being inactive is beginning to get to me! 

any advice/help/experiences would really be appreciated :) 

xx

I am a keen cyclist and now 4 weeks after my lletz. Advice on websites says no heavy exercise for 2 weeks, my consultant said no exercise for a few days. I asked him if i could cycle after that - his response was "yes but don't go doing anything silly like a 20 mile ride

Bless him - he clearly thinks that is a long way!

This is what i did. 3 mile walk the day after - mistake - I was exhausted .

5 mile walk 5 days after. Realise that without cycling  I have absolutely no idea how to amuse myself 

Return to cycling to work slowly (5 miles each way) a week after. Back to training (30 miles +) but taking it gently at first 2 weeks after.

I am heading off to the Pyrenees in the next few days to tackle some big hills. It's going to be slow this year due to lletz buggering up my training schedule! Ah well!

My recovery (physically) has been straight forward and I now feel completely back to normal 

Everyone is different though - listen carefully to your body.

Hope this helps.

Jx 

Thank you so much for your reply Julia9054 that I really helpful and I’m glad to know it isn’t just me driven insane through lack of inactivity!!

i really so think it depends from person to person you are right. I am still bleeding a week post procedure so I think today I will do perhaps a 5 mile walk or so.

By Monday it will have been 10 days so I may try some gentle cross training at the gym it uphill walking and take it from there :)