Doctor confirms CIN3 - Anxxious

Hi There,

I have been having a lot of symptoms for a while now. I have had stage 4 Endometriosis and thought it’s probably just that returning until recently I knew something wasn’t right.

I have been have extreme irregular bleeding, pains, back pain and pain during intercourse… My last smear was a very long time ago (maybe 6 years) I have just put it off and put it off after having my daughter who is now 2 and a half.

The doctor called me in to the clinic today to confirm the cells were showing CIN3. She has reassured me not to worry… but I guess I’m just worried in case it is more serious than CIN3.

Has anyone had these symptoms with stage CIN3? Has anyone been diagnosed CIN3 and then found out they had cancerous cells too?

Waiting on Gynecologist to do some testing but very nervous as I am going away in a week for 3 weeks and so scared it is worse than what the doctor is letting on…

If anyone has any information I would be so appreciative… And relieved to give this racing heart of mine a little rest.

Thank you.

Hi lovely,

I had CIN2 and CIN3 but didn't turn out to be any worse.  They did however tell me was mild changes after smear then upgraded to 2 and 3 after colposcopy. I had very similar symptoms to you. I am sure all will be fine but it is impossible not to worry so I won't tell you not to. Hope all is OK x

Thank you! 

Trying not to read up too much on the internet. But this site seems to have some good reads. 

My doctor said my pains wouldn't have anything to do with the C1N3 but I guess i'm just worried now as i've had a lot of issues for months now. 

Fingers crossed I hear some news soon getting an appointment x