CIN3 Confirmed - How will they know it's not cancer? Petrified

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well.

It would be really helpful to me and my anxiety to have a chat about this.

I have fought for months and months to get a smear test due to severe abdominal pain to the point of where I couldn’t go to work.
They told me it was down to my polycystic ovaries but I wasn’t happy with the outcome as the pain was so bad.

I eventually got seen (after being told more than three times that I was too young to have cancer)and the results came back two days later and said they needed me in for a colcoscopy and biopsy.

As soon as the doctor looked she confirmed straight away they were CIN3 cells. She explained the biopsy would be sent off to the lab to confirm this.

The biopsy has confirmed that they are in fact CIN3 and severe.

I spoke with the nurse today and I asked her if this would mean they know if these cells had actually developed into cancer. She told me that she didn’t want to give me false hope and said that she cannot confirm that it hasn’t developed into cancer until I have the operation to remove them.

I am so confused, can someone please explain to me how they are able to tell if the cells have developed into cancer? Will they be able to tell when doing the procedure?

Over the last few months I have been in and out of hospital so often, so I’ve had many blood tests taken and procedures done like transvaginal scans, an ultrasound scan and a colonoscopy. Would any of these have shown if I had something to worry about cancer wise?

I’m obviously really worried like everyone on here and just feel so uninformed about everything.

I carry the BRCA1 cancer gene which consists of breast and ovarian cancer and had a double mastectomy when I was 20 which they completely messed up, so I feel very scared alone and anxious about the duty of care I have received in recent years.

Thanks,

Hollie x

I had my biopsies back yesterday stating iv got cin 3 which to me was no shock after years of trouble and always bein told I was too young for a smear! Now 25 with 4 children finally got one and I'm worried sick invade its more as of symptoms iv had and stuff... I'm booked in on 12th for lletz then got a phone call yesterday (same day as receiving results) to move it forward to the 5th which had scared me even more... sending hugs and best wishes to u xxxx

Hey,

Yes it is really scary and it has angered me that they have been so horrible and dismissive towards me throughout this whole thing :(

Try not to worry hun, let me know how it goes.

Easier said than done I know trust me :(

My lletz op is on the 13th under general anesthetic.

Let me know hugs to you also xxxxxxxxx