Do you get a reminder for follow up smear?

Had my smear almost 6 months ago, I was wondering do I just book an appointment or do I wait for a letter to come through?
x

Hiya

You should get a letter. I got two in fact, one from the hospital wherethey did the LLETZ (I had mine under GA) and one from my doctor's surgery (or maybe the national screening program? anyway it said to go to my GP). I went to the GP as it was more convenient and I don't like hospitals :-)

In short, I would have thought you would have had a letter by now. Maybe give your GP a ring and see if they can chase it up for you?

best of luck

E

Thank you, i would have thought i would have recieved a letter by now. Have tried to call my GP surgery but they are closed til 4pm with staff training. So will call again this afternoon.

Just seems like the worst time to have a follow up smear with having to wait for results again just before christmas :(

x

Yeah that sucks ..... the wait around here is about 4 weeks, so probably you won't hear anything this side of xmas anyway!

Ive just gone and booked it myself, i know its been 6 months and id rather have it done this side of Christmas as i have a gynae appointment in January for other issues! Fun being a woman! x