Discomfort after colposcopy

Hi there, just wondering if anyone had discomfort after colposcopy. I dont mean pain, just a discomfort? I had mine done on the 14th Feb and on my left side, it feels like something is in there/tightening/pulling. I cant describe it. Im assuming when they took the biopsies, it was towards my left side. Its more annoying then anything. Can only feel it when sitting down or bending down to get something or if i walk a lot. I dont no if im rushing myself. Also, ive had very minimal bleeding but a grey like discharge now and then. Has anyone else had this xxx

Hi Tee1, sorry to hear you have had discomfort also. I have had some pain after my colposcopy and biopsy too, which was 3 weeks ago now. I have had pain on both sides (it seems to alternate, only one side at a time) and it’s a sharp but intermittent pain. Not there every day, seems to come and go. I feel it when I bend down and sometimes when sitting down. Is worse after exercising and it was very aggravated after sex and didn’t stop for 2 days. It’s been freaking me out a bit tbh. I’m really hoping it’s just a consequence of the biopsy and it will go, but if so, it does worry me that when they remove more tissue with LLETZ, will I have more pain? :frowning:
I didn’t get much bleeding after the biopsy either.
Hope you feel better soon.

@WorriedWorm hiya, thank you for replying to me. Im so glad youve already answered something i just came on here to ask… sorry for to much info, but had sex yesterday for the first time since having my biopsies and today im feeling it! My left side has a dull ache and little shooting pains if i move a certain way. Im panicking ive damaged myself lol. The doctor said wait a week before having sex so i left it a week and a few days to be safe but wondering if a weeks even too soon! Have you had biopsy results yet? I hope yours are positive ones xx

That’s ok, I was glad to find your post as well. I didn’t have sex for a good two weeks after the biopsy. I was strange because there was no discomfort during sex, but the next day I started getting the ache and shooting pains. Then It didn’t stop for 48 hours. It wasn’t crippling pain or anything, and I went about my daily activities but it did wake me up at night. I’ve never had anything like this before though so it must be the biopsy. So odd. It doesn’t feel muscular either, more like a sharp nerve pain.

No I haven’t had biopsy results yet- they told me it would be 2-3 weeks and to chase if I didn’t hear anything, so now I am trying to chase! I’m pretty sure they will find CIN3 as they suspect I am just hoping it is nothing worse. Waiting for results is the worst- hope you don’t have to wait long as well and that the results will be positive x

1 Like

Yes I did after my latest colposcopy I felt like i had an infection with dull ache and generall feeling unwell alongside smelly discharge which started a few days after . Fortunately it did go away after about 1.5 weeks

1 Like

I went to the GP today and she had a look… said my biopsy scars seem to be healing nicely and no signs of infection! She couldnt find a route of the pain but said i am probably just tender from the biopsies!xx

1 Like