Difficult to interpret biopsy result

Has anyone else ever had a letter after a colposcopy with results similar to: ‘showing possible high grade CIN which is difficult to interpret. The case will be discussed at the next MDT meeting’? I’ve spent the week anxiously waiting for another letter to see if there will be further treatment.

Previous results = 2015 abnormal, HPV positive > CGIN & CIN1 (LLETZ) > several regular smears (normal result) but HPV positive > 2022 abnormal, HPV positive

Hi,

My letter after colposcopy was slightly different it said cin 3 was found on loop biopsy but they are discussing at MDT and will be in touch if I need anything further. I rang and asked when MDT was and it’s this Friday, they hold them once a month and my results just missed the last one by days. They are going to call me Friday afternoon after the MDT with an update so it may be worth you calling them? What was your smear results? I was not told anything other than abnormal on my letter for that and was sent for urgent colposcopy, I asked them there about smear results and they said severe. My nhs app now shows my smear results on there and they were ? Invasive squamous cell carcinoma. So I’ve been told a few different variations of results upto now. If I were you I’d give them a ring and find out when MDT is and it might help put your mind at rest

My smear result was borderline abnormal cells and during the colposcopy examination, they said it looked like low grade but that the biopsy would be able to give more information. I’m just worried due to have CGIN last time, which wasn’t picked up until after the LLETZ.

Thanks- I’m so glad I phoned them after your advice. My case also missed the deadline by a couple of days so my case will be discussed in early June.

Hope your call goes well tomorrow x

1 Like