Diagnosed with grade 2b cc

Hi everyone,

I was told on Monday that I have grade 2b cc, I have been feeling unwell for a while and have been greatly let down by my go and ended up paying for private scans as I knew something wasn’t right with me.

Anyway I have my appointment with the oncologist on Monday and have apparently been selected for new treatment that I will find out about then although I have been told the standard will be 6 weeks of radiotherapy/ chemo plus one 24 internal radiotherapy.

Already had a bit of a journey as was admitted to hospital after a massive bleed apparently due to biopsy and was very anemic, came home last night after 5 bags of blood with hb of 110.

I have a young family three boys aged 11,9 and 10 months and have always had up today’s clear smears so it’s all a bit of a shock. I have been told I will be given my treatment plan on Monday and it will be starting next week, feeling all in a bit of limbo at the moment family have been helping out hugely with children and I am hoping that treatment doesn’t take it out of me too much .

They have told me it’s curable so that’s what I am focusing on. Keeping myself as well as I can to give my body the best chance of killing this thing off.

Does anybody take any supplements like vitamin c and e I have been reading about boosting your immune system through diet etc I have always been generally very healthy and try to eat well would be interested to know if this has helped the way you feel etc

Hi Louise,

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis but really pleased that you have found us. This is a great little community, very supportive. Please keep away from Google and ask any questions you have here on this forum.

I was a 2b patient as well, 4 years ago and as fit as anything now :-) My diet has always been healthy anyway but during my chemo-radiation therapy I was put on a draconian diet that cut out pretty much anything healthy. Most people it seems are not put on silly diets and most people get through their treatment just fine. I suppose all I am saying here is that there is no need to take supplements unless you are really keen to.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hello.

I am also a 2b patient and have finished my radio and chemo. I have my internal radiation on Monday.

I also had a blood transfusion and I felt much better after and continued to do so throughout my treatment.

I managed okay through my treatment and pretty much carried on as normal.

Accept any help you get offered though especially where the children are concerned I found I couldn’t run round park with my little one and sometimes I just wanted an hour to myself.

The new treatment they will talk about is a trial called interlace. There is some
Information available online for this. It is an additional 6 weeks of a combination of two different chemos.

The standard chemo - cisplatin is an easy one to manage and you shouldn’t lose your hair with it.

If you want me to go through the pros and cons just drop me a message and I will send you the links I read from.

Keep positive it really does make a difference through this treatment

Laura x

Hi Louise I am so sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with Cervical Cancer you will get lots of support here from ladies who have and are currently going through the same thing. I am stage 2B and started treatment 2 weeks ago along with georgie the time has flown in. I am having 5 Chemo and 25 radiotherapy and 3 Brachytherapy (internal Radiotherapy). Most ladies get through the treatment with minimal problems i have had a few problems due to allergies but my case is rare and I remain positive because like you have been told it is curable.

It sounds like everything is moving quickly for you and thats great because the waiting is a nightmare. I wish you all the best with your treatment keep us posted we are all here to support you xx

Hi laura,

not it sure how you send messages in here but would love more info on the new treatment, did you decide to go for it?

thanks

louise x

Thank you for the replies ladies I have had a little read on the internet about that interlace and I think I will go for it. I know it double time of treatment and I may loose my hair but I think I would feel like I was doing everything I could to get rid of this cancer.

you probably understand this feeling but I just want to get treatment started as soon as possible 

Yeah I felt better once I had a start date for my treatment and it’s was all done.

It went quick, at first I was worried about going to hospital every day but it’s was fine.

You seem to have a good attitude to this. Keep that up and you have this in the bag xx

Hi Louise just wanted to wish you good luck for Monday let us know how it goes. I will be thinking about you xx

Hi - I was diagnosed recently with 1B1 and recently have had a couple siblings diagnosed with other cancers. I think outside of treatment boosting the immune system is key. I have been taking vitamin d3 and beta right beta glucans since I was diagnosed three weeks ago. I have also cut out most sugars. I think diet can play a huge role.

hi was just diagnosed with cc 1b1. boosting the immune system could help- although we dont know for sure. but if its an option that ive taken as well. i take supplements called Usana and hoping it will help. 

I too have just been diagnosed with 2b and have 2 little ones (4month old and 4year old)  I have pet scan on Tues and my Dr appt on Fri to discuss treatment plan, like you I am just desperate to get started, I have always had normal up to date smears and following the birth of my daughter I just knew something wasn't quite right there, only due to my weekly visits to pester my own gp was this bombshell dropped on me, feel like I am in a dream, and always go to bed hoping to wake up to normality, but it doesn't happen. I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis, however reading ur post also gave me some.hope and motivation that I am not alone and from other posts, this seems to be a great place to get the support needed to keep our emotional strength up!! 

I wish you well with treatment xx