Regarded cc

Hi everyone 

I have been for my appointment with the consultant this morning.  I was told in hospital last week that my cc was grade 1b2 after I was admitted following I infection after my loop procedure.  Today after having an mri Tuesday the consultant has told me that I actually have stage 3 cc.  I has spread throughout my cervix to the uterus both sides of my vaginal walls and into my lymph nodes.  I've been told I will need chemo and radiotherapy 1st before they can do a hysterectomy and removal of my lymph nodes and was just wondering what everyone's experience of chemo and radiotherapy was as I am feeling quite anxious about the treatment itself .

Thanks for taking the time to read

Rachel xx

Hi Rachel,

So sorry you have found yourself in this position but you have Come.to the right place.

Ikwas very very scared about my treatment ( chemo rads and brachy therapy) and although it wasn't pleasant it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined it.

If you click on my username you can find my topic about my treatment. 

I am  19 months out and doing great. I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't have many sideeffects from treatment. Apart from very mild neuropathy ( my toes feel numn) my body just feels the same as it did before.

Hi Rachael,

I am sorry to hear that your diagnosis is worse than you thought. I won't go into my experience of radiotherapy and chemotherapy as people that have had it done more recently can explain it better. However I just wanted to wish you luck and to let you know that I had stage 3 and that will be 25 years ago next year! Covid permitting, I am going to throw one hell of a party!!

Karen x 

1 Like

Hi ladies 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I am more worried about the treatment than I am about actually having cancer.  Fear of the unknown I guess an more so because I've got 6 kids I'm worries about not been able to look after. It so good to hear that you are both doing well. Karen wow 25 years that deffo deserves a party!!!

Rachel xx

1 Like