Daily Discharge After Hysterectomy

Hi everyone,

I had a radical hysterectomy back in May 21, luckily recovery went well and no further treatment has been required.

However for the last few weeks i have been experiencing a small amount of daily discharge and pain in the right side of my back. I did fall over a few weeks ago (drunk at Christmas party :woman_facepalming:) so Im not sure if its just to do with that but booked in at the hospital to double check.

My appointment with the hospital is tomorrow but just curious to see if anyone else has had similar happen to them? Trying not to panic but any small change sends my head in to overdrive now.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Amy

Dear Amy,

It may be that the discharge is perfectly normal, but at least you’ve not got long to wait if your appointment is tomorrow. Try not to overthink things. Easier said than done, but you’ve only got one day to wait… :relieved:

Hi Jacks,

Thanks for your reply.

Hopefully its nothing but as you say easier said than done trying not to worry haha.

Hopefully have answers tomorrow :crossed_fingers: x

Hi Amy
I had my hysterectomy back in July and I am the same. Can I ask what colour the discharge is?

Hopefully you’ll get on fine, would be interested to see what they say tomorrow

Kim xx

Hi Kim,

Its been a sort of off white colour but only small amounts each day.

Have you been back to get yours checked at all? Xx

I’m the same but no I haven’t been to her it checked.

I had some granulation tissues left so I just put it down to that xx

Ahh ok, i havent had any check ups since my operation so Im not sure if I have granulation tissue.

Ive only had telephone appointments up to now.

Ill let you know what they say tomorrow.

What stage were you if you dont mind me asking xx

I had fresh bleeding a few times like weeks after and it turns out it was that so the gp looked and saw it but it has to be hospital that sorts it, think it gets burned off or something.

Yeah please let me know what they say

Mine wasn’t even staged, I was CGIN with no clear margins and CIN2 but there was a couple of tiny cancerous areas and lots of precancerous, judging by eveything I have read on here I just so happened to have a pretty radical thinking consultant who was right in there!

What was yours? Xx

I was 1b2 adenocarcinoma. Luckily though it was contained to cervix and my lymph nodes were all negative.

I had one episode of bleeding a few weeks after surgery but my consultant didnt seem to be concerned about that.

I think they are just being extra cautious now as Ive had the back pain and discharge together.
Hopefully its nothing but you just cant help but think the worst can you xx

That’s brilliant so glad to hear that! They mentioned adencarcinoma with me but no staging for me

Yeah I think a few weeks after is ok but mine was 10 weeks after then again at 14.

Please let me know how you get on and yes you’re right you can’t help but worry about these odd things

Have you any other post op problems? Xx

I had a small infection in the bottom of my incision while it was healing but 3 days of antibiotics cleared that up and the only other problem i had was with my thyroid function.

I have to have more blood tests for that this week, one of the hormone levels was low so they are keeping an eye on it.

But other than that I have been fine, was back up and walking quite quickly and back at work within 10 weeks. So was lucky really.

How about you has yours been ok apart from those 2 bleeds? Xx

I had an infection in my bellybutton too, I had pretty bad gas problems and I had to get my stitches removed as they didn’t fall out so all really minor things!

I had a low hormone level but it’s crept back up and all good. Only thing I still have is some hair loss, my hair has really thinned after the op but have some good shampoo and will get there!

I was back to work at 6 ish weeks and been fine since then too. I feel pretty lucky with it at all too to be honest xx

Yeah my hair is terrible that’s what made them check my thyroid function. But like you say thats just a minor thing isnt it.

Hopefully this latest issue is just minor too but ill keep you posted xx

Oh is it?? That’s unreal I haven’t spoken to anyone or been able to find any derails. What are you doing about your hair?

Please do yeah let me know how it goes is it tomorrow? Xx

Good luck at your appointment!! Xx

Thank you. It didnt go too well unfortunately :pensive:

They want me to go for another MRI and biopsy under anesthetic.

The dreaded 2 week wait begins! Haha xx

I had a hysterectomy in Dec and I too have a watery discharge. I’m 6 weeks post op and have had 2 bouts of thrush too. Interested to hear what they say about your discharge, I’ve been debating whether to mention it!
Kim x

Hi Kim,

Ill keep you posted, yours could be to do with your stitches?

I had abit of bleeding around 6 weeks after my op and was told it was to do with the internal stitches dissolving. If your worried though its worth giving your nurse/doctor a call.

Better to be safe xx