Consultant call

I was told last Wednesday at my colopscopy that I had cancer and the consultant would rushy biopsy and I would have an MRI within a week. Today is a week and still no MRI but have had a phone call this morning to say to come to see him at lunchtime. I'm wondering why he has called though as he's already told me the worst and as far as I'm aware I'm awaiting staging and referral to Liverpool women's for treatment so I'm not sure why he needs to talk to me unless it's just to confirm the biopsy was cancerous 

Hi, firstly I’m sorry for your diagnosis.

Your consultant probably just wants to talk through the biopsy with you. If it is cancer then the cells get different grades from 1-3 depending on how different to a normal cell they are. He might also want to discuss what stage he thinks you are at pre MRI and the different treatment options that will be available to you. 

Also I was treated with my hysterectomy at the Liverpool women’s. It’s a lovely hospital and the consultant that I had was lovely and explained everything so well. I’d initially had my colposcopy at the countess which was not a nice experience. I was told there by a different consultant that I had cancer who was a lot nicer.  

Hope your appointment goes as well as it can. 

Alice xx

Thanks. I've just come out, he just said that it is advanced and it above the vagina on the right hand side and now it's just a waiting game for the MRI for staging which I'm going to guess is going to be 3 or 4

I am sorry to hear this, hopefully, it's a stage 3 which will still leave you with standard therapy and a good chance of a cure.

When is the MRI?

Karen x

Thanks Karen. I'm devastated as I have an 8 year old who is my shadow and I don't know how to tell her. No idea on the MRI Im presuming in the next week or so and then he said it might be op to see spread before any treatment so it's not looking great.

I survived stage 3, 22 years and counting :)