Confused with suspected endometriosis and moderate high grade abnormalities

Hi, 

I am 29 and have no children. I have a history of horrific period pains which has led me to be on the pill since I was 14. At 24 I started having bleeding after sex so was referred for a laparoscopy where they told me I had cervical abrasion and suspected endometriosis (I had adhesions but they couldn’t determine the cause). I had a smear at this time and all was fine. I then went for my routine smear at 26, all was fine and then my most recent 6 weeks ago. It took 5 weeks to get a result which I found worrying in itself, and then I get referred for a copolscopy for moderate high grade abnormalities. 

I have continued to have abdominal pain and random bleeding (mostly after sex) since the problem started 5 years ago and am awaiting another, more detailed laparoscopy. 

My problem is not that I’m worried that I have cancer, but over the years I have been poked and prodded down there by some not so friendly doctors, so much that I’ve developed a very strong phobia. I had to take diazepam before my smear and still cried during. 

I am just about ok with the copolscopy with the help of a sedative but I am hoping I can refuse the loop or biopsy unless I am put to sleep. I know this is extreme but I really cannot get an injection in my cervix without being traumatised. Does any one know if this is an option? I am due to have gynae surgery in the next two months anyway. 

Sorry for the rambling post post but I’ve been awake every night fretting since I got my result. Also, if anyone knows if cervical abrasion can cause abnormal results please let me know! 

Hi HM

Im sorry you're going through this, you will most likely be offered lletz treatment there and then but its completely your decision whether you have it or not. Ive had it done twice now once with a local and the 2nd i requested to have a general. 

If you don't want to be awake let them know, it just means you'll probably have to wait longer to have it done.

Good luck x

Thanks so much for your reply, what was your reason for wanting general the second time round?