Confused please help

I have just recently joined here because the past few months have been quite hard for me, I know plenty of people are going through a lot worse than me but I’m feeling so lost..

i had my first Smear, it came back abnormal, went in for biopsy & results came back as cin 3, I never had any symptoms or anything irregular, then 2 weeks ago I had a diathermy loop excision of the cervix, I’m unsure if this is lletz as I hear people talk about on forums. I don’t know anyone who has been through all this & I feel really on my own as when i ask questions to the consultant I’m not in the right frame of mind. 

i had the treatment 2 weeks ago, with no bleeding then the next week I had my period. This was on Monday, normally my period lasts around 4/5 days but last night I was at the toilet (sorry so much detail) and I started bleeding fresh red blood, my lower left side had a strange tingly pain. The bleeding isn’t heavy but doesn’t feel like my period, I rang the out of hours doctor, I explained everything but don’t think he really knew what I was talking about, as he said look this can happen after sex etc its just spotting, but the thing is I havent had sex & was told not to or use tampons for 4 weeks. I just don’t know if this is normal or I’m over reacting. 

if any one could share any knowledge on this it would be great, thanks so much 

Hi there,

Over the last year i've been in pretty much the same position as you. My first smear test results I recieved last July came back as CIN 3 and I had the LLETZ procedure in September. It does sound as though you had LLETZ yes. I know you posted this over a month a go so I hope everything is ok with you now. Just wanted to assure you I had a very similar period to you too. The blood was a lot lighter than a normal period which really worried me, but I'm thinking it's just a normal thing to happen after the LLETZ. 

I've been on quite a long journey with all of this, because I fell within the 5% of women who's LLETZ procedure doesn't work and found out not long ago after my 6 month follow up smear test that I have CIN 3 still. But remember that there was only a 5% chance of me being here and it just means I need another LLETZ. I hope everything turns out ok with you, it's more than likely it will all be fine :) 

I know how alone all of this can make you feel and like no one really understands how terrifying it all is. Feel free to message me if you want to chat more about anything. x 

P.s when I said lighter, I meant lighter in colour.