Confirmed node involvement and chemoradiation (baby and children mentioned)

Hi girls

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been in hospital this last week. I had my baby girl! She is doing very well. I am so relieved that she is here.

I also had my mode dissection at the same time as my c-section. I got the results today - and out of 22 lymph nodes 1 had a Cancer cell measuring .5cm. I am really disappointed with that. My medical team are great and I know I am in good hands. I do feel that they care about me. That’s really important to me.

I will be having radiotherapy starting in 4 weeks. Also be having the cisplatin and I’m relieved that there is no hair loss with that because my hair is growing. I’ve got eyelashes and everything coming back.

I am pretty scared about chemorads and will have heaps of questions when the time gets closer. I have just come off 4 months of taxol/carbo and am pretty exhausted so I’ll try to just rest my body for the next 4 weeks before chemo rads.

I can’t stop crying but I think it is the hormones and a bit of post partum blues.

Sorry I haven’t been on here supporting anyone lately. Just had a full on week.

Hope everyone is ok - as ok as we can all be.
Love to all

Rosie xx

Hi Rosie,

Well, first things first, many many congratulations on the birth of your daughter....a very special time which I hope you can enjoy amongst the other stuff going on in your life. You are an amazing woman, and should tell yourself that every day! I'm so sorry to hear that you have a positive node and that you must have more treatment. I had five positive nodes with chemo rads like you. I am nearly 2 years down the line, and although there is still a way to go I like to believe that it has kicked the s..t out of it. I hope you can get as much rest as possible over the next few weeks. Hopefully you have family and friends who can help take care of your daughter. So pleased you have faith in your team as that is really important. The treatment is very "doable" as people have posted so take comfort in that. All the very best to you Rosie and it is time to look after number one now. Xx

Hi Rosie.

Massive congratulations to you :) So happy to hear your baby girl is doing well...I was just thinking of you yesterday! What did you call her? I remember when I had Heidi I was crying for no reason afterwards and just didn't understand why. The nurses told me it was baby blues. Fortunately they soon passed. 

The chemoradiation is very manageable. You've had some hardcore chemotherapy already and will cope with Cisplatin. I don't remember having any issues with it at all. The radiotherapy gave me a dodgy stomach after a couple of weeks but that was easily managed with medication. You will get through it and please don't remember to reach out when you need support. 

Now you concentrate on recovering from the operation and enjoy spending time with your baby girl.

Lots of love,

Cara xxxxxx

Hi Rosie 

im so happy for you and your baby. This is such a special time. Enjoy those baby cuddles as they will be the best pain management you will ever experience. 

I had a c-section 4 mths before I was diagnosed with stage 2b cc.  i was very constipated for at least 2-3 months from the pain killers I was on,so at least when you start chemorad they should balance each other out. 

Also on a positive note: my c-sec scar has pretty much disappeared with the radiation and the stretch marks on my lower abdomen are very faint instead of Purple 

Also, it will be hard but having a baby to take care of completely takes your mind of of your problems So the days go so much faster. 

Good luck, enjoy your little. God bless

Dancing round the room with joy! CONGRATULATIONS! :-)

Yes, it's a bummer about the node but after everything you have already faced chemo-rads with Cisplatin is like the taxi-ride home.

Take it easy and enjoy your daughter :-)
xxxxx
Tivoli

Well there you are!  I was thinking of you the other day and wondering about Baby Starlight and she's here!  What have you called her and what did she weigh? 

I was miserable for ages after baby one.  I think I was exhausted and my hormones were just raging. After all you've been through, you deserve a huge hormonal cry, so go for it!

You did it, Rosie Posie, you did it!  Baby Starlight is made of strong stuff, just like her mummy!

So relax, get your strength back  and then finally kick the ass out the CC crap.

Cheering you on sweetie.

Love to you and baby,

t xxx

Congratulations on your baby girl. You sound like a fighter so chemoradiation should be no problem. Enjoy your baby girl such a precious time and good luck lovely xxx

Thank you all so much for your warm wishes! Baby girl is doing so well. I am so proud of her. Your support means a lot.

Nodes - hate them! I do admit that since I have found out about the node, I have been more scared of prognosis/reoccurrence. But I see ladies  on here who have my  stage and/or node involvement or even higher stages who are cured/in remission and that gives me lots of hope and inspiration. All the stories and braveries of you ladies help me! 

Rachel - almost 2 years that is amazing, so happy that you're at the 2 year mark! I think your treatment did kick the crap out of your cancer. That gives me so much to hold on to. Thank you Rachel. 

On a side note, my ex partner (father of my baby) did not respond to my email (a few weeks ago) telling him that she was going to be born etc, he just send a text on the day of her delivery saying "wishing you the best for today". That was it! No mention of our beautiful daughter. I sent him a text 2 days later telling him she was born and that she was well etc. and that if he wanted to Skype to see her etc - he has never replied to this message. She is now 11 days old and he hasn't acknowledged her. I even posted a photo on Facebook. I can't believe someone would not want anything to do with their own child. I was with this person for 3 years and I thought he was a great humble person but I was so wrong. He doesn't even ask about how my treatment has gone. But I mainly just hurt that he doesn't care about the most beautiful thing in the world.. Our daughter. 

Anyway he has no presence in our lives and my baby girl only needs one strong parent and that's me. I just needed to vent about how careless he is. 

Love all of you ladies long time. 

Oh Rosie!

I am just so glad that you and your beautiful daughter didn't have to spend the rest of your lives with this arsehole. I am happily surprised to hear that he had the manners to send you a text on the day and I hope he steers well clear from now on. Your gorgeous daughter does not need a dad like that, even on the sidelines. From now on she is yours and yours alone :-) Well done! My chap sends his love to you both as well :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi hon,

honestly it is better he is out of the picture he would just continue to hurt you and your daughter. You are absolutely right she has you and that's all she needs. When anyone hurts our children it hurts us more then being hurt ourselves. This is a new emotion for you to experience and it a hard one. 

He has actually done you a favour because you can just let go and move on to better things. Love yourself, love your daughter and live life together. 

Xxx

Thank you so much ladies for your love and support! Means so much. 

I am so blessed to have my little one. She is a real light in the darkness. 

And you are all right, we are better off without her father. 3 weeks old and we still haven't heard from him, not that I am expecting too but I am jsut aware of the lack of communication, but I know soon that I will not be aware of this, because he has no presence in our lives and I am only thinking of him so much because she has jsut been born, but soon I will not think of him much.

Tivoli, you're post is hilarious! Tell your husband hello from me and I hope he is doing well post treatment!