Hey sweetie, thank you. It's nice that I can give other people hope :-)
my cancer spread to I think a single lympth node, my kidney tubes and as it was so large it was pressing on my bladder which caused a hole to form. I have had to have stents in my kidney which are plastic tubes that sit in my bladder and go into my kidneys - that's surgery hurt - a lot!!! Due to this I have a lot of water infections! I am incontinent due to the hole in my bladder although it's getting stronger and I just occasionally leak and I am able to go the loo as my brain is now told my bladder is full (yay!) it's just at night my bladder empties when I am asleep. I will be having an op for this once I know what's happening with the cancer.
Nothing has been mentioned to me re surgery either but if it's an option I'm having everything out....I can't go through this again. Although I had a rough time I've come out the other side so you don't need feel sorry for me cancer picked the wrong person lol!
my advise would be:
* rest - you will be incredibly tired it's horrible vile even - I would sleep 18 hours a day and would still be tired
* don't eat your favourite food as your taste changes through chemo I had a horrible taste constantly and mouth ulcers which are common - I couldn't eat or drink dairy either it made me really sick (I'm fine now)
* sickness - take you tablets! If your being sick call the hospital or the district nurse they will come out and give you an injection they work but bloody hurt have it in your bum! I lost so much weight as I couldn't keep anything down and was hospitalised 4 times cus of it
* eat as much as you can when you can as some days you won't want to and this is when you will lose weight - it's natural to loose some. I went down to 6st and was skin and bone I'm still tiny now and a size 6 (I was a 12 before I started)
* have someone help you with shopping, bills and cleaning etc as you may not the energy, have another person take you to appointments as you will have loads! They like seeing you :-)
* relax! Plan for the future! Plan a holiday or day out for a few months after your treatment has finished (book when your better)
* it's ok to cry and scream and feel down for a day then do all you can to pick yourself up as you need determination to get you through
* have you time and tell your friends and family not to treat you any differently - I did this and it really helped. I also only told a few people and asked that it wasn't made public not because I was embarrassed but because I didn't want sympathy.
* if you have a good day do something you enjoy! Get out the house
* I found o enjoyed strong or sweet tasting food better when I had a horrible taste in my mouth - I was also addicted to ice lollies!
* you can apply for a benifit called PIP - doesn't matter if your employed as I am - it's to help with costings whilst poorly, if your on a low income or are being paid sick pay you can get help with your rent speak to your local council
i ant think of anything else.
if you have questions come on here not Google. Remember your not alone no matter how lonley you feel xx