Colps

Had it done, told it didn't look as moderate as smeaf suggested and they did the lletz there and then. It's been over an hour and I still have bad cramps and need to poop but can't. Is this normal how long will pain be for?

Hiya, I’ve spoke to you before, mine was initially booked for yesterday but my period was a week out and came! So annoying. I’m having my colp next week now instead! 

Thats good news, did they take a biopsy? I’d assume some cramps are normal! I read they can be similar to period pain x

Hang on now, I may have read this incorrectly, I assumed you meant it is more mild but after reading it twice I’m worried I’ve got it wrong! 

Hi Jodyx,

I came on to message you yesterday but one thing after another happened! How frustrating. The Colposcopist said it looked less moderate and only small area so she did the lletz to take them off there and then. I wanted to ask if it was CIN2 or less but didn't want to look silly. I was a bag of nerves. Crying (nerves). X

Think the pain can last a couple of weeksntill it all settles back down. Hugs x

I didn't mean to write Colps as the title!

So if she didn't think it was moderate as they suggested why would she do a lletz? And what happens next?

The cramps after a LLETZ should ease within 24 hours. It is like a strong period pain that they don't really warn you about. I got sharp stabbing/shooting pains in my cervix too. Rest up as much as you can and be gentle with yourself. Hot water bottle and paracetemol and be kind to yourself, a LLETZ can be a huge emotional ordeal so if you need to cry then let it all out. Hope the pain eases quickly for you xx