Pain after coloscopy and LLETZ

Hi everyone, 

Im new to this and have read many of your posts so thought I would do one of my own for peace of mind. 

I had my colposcopy and LLETZ treatment about a week ago now and I’ve read all the information leaflets I was given about pain and discharge. My discharge I think is normal at the minute (brownish and not to heavy, I change pads every few hours) but what is concerning me is the pain. In the leaflet it said 24-48 hours and it would settle down but I’m still experiencing period like cramps almost a week later. Sometimes I get a sharp pain for a few minutes but the rest of the time it’s more of a dull ache. It doesn’t seem to ease with painkillers. I don’t normally get a lot of pain with my period so this feels worse than that. 

Has as anyone else had pains for this long after or should I call my GP or clinic ?? 

Thanks Kat 

I had this, I was expecting more bleeding then what I had too but my bleeding was mild.

Period cramp and sometimes a stinging pain was happening for about 3 weeks. Paracetamol did help though xx

I’m the same almost three weeks on xx hopefully it will ease up soon xx big hugs xx

Thanks for the replies. That has put my mind at ease. Still trying to take it easy as I don’t want to over do it just yet. :) xx