Colposcopy - whats normal after??

Hi guys, this is my first post!

I'm 22 and just had a Colposcopy on Tuesday (11th) after having some abnormal bleeding and discharge. I've been having some bleeding as the Dr advised but just wondering how much other people got? I've been quite anxious with my health recently - never had an illness before and all of a sudden I'm being sent to hospitals to get different scans AND got sciatica from going to the gym once!!

I've not even been filling one pad a day but when I go for a wee (sorry tmi!!) noticing some clots and blood in the loo- just found a small clot that looked like what could only be described as paper? Also my period is due in a few days - will this mess anything up? Sorry for 20 questions but my Dr didn't tell me much (I've actually had to make a complaint about my GP about this due to her misdiagnosing me with endometriosis)!  I'm going on holiday on Wednesday and don't want to be panicking about things when I should be relaxing!

Thanks ladies

Hey Abby,

Ive had 2 Lletz procedures during colposcopy. After the first I had an odd brown/pink watery discharge for the first 10 days then I had cramping and bleeding with some clots for a couple of days. 

I had the second last Thursday and have had period like bleeding since, so it seems I have no “normal”.

I would say if you feel well, there’s no offensive  smell and you’re not soaking through pads it’s likely ok. If you have any of these symptoms see the GP for possible infection xxx

Hi Abby,

After my colposcopy where they took 2 biopsys I had some some bleeding a couple of days after, I wore a pad and it was just light bleeding but I did notice some brownie clots when I went to the toilet but she said this would be the solution they applied to steam bleeding coming out and it could look like coffee grounds. My friend had the same so I wasnt too worried and she said she had something come out that looked like paper and she thought it was something accidentally left inside during it but they said this is just some of the wall shedding slightly and that it was also normal.

I had my period due 3 days after the biopsy and it didnt make any difference, it just meant I had to wear a pad for a few more days as they said I shouldnt wear tampons for a week or so! 

Dont stress- evertying your describing is totally normal and as Lotty said - if you dont have a bad msell and your not soaking through the pad every hour or so its also unlikely you have an infection. It is stressful though as its all brand new and I felt exactly the same!

x