Colposcopy... take 2!

Hi all.

I had a LEEP procedure October 30th and when they got the results from it, it showed CIN3 as well as AIS. As a result I have elected to have a hysterectomy. In order for me to have surgery in my local hospital by my gynaecologist instead of in a city an hour and half away by an oncologist, the oncologist wanted me to have another colposcopy to make sure nothing has turned invasive. I asked the gynaecologist what she thought just by looking, she said nothing looked invasive but my cervix was inflamed and vasculated. She took 3 biopsies from the face of the cervix as well as an endocevical curettage. One of the biopsies taken from the face she said was on the out edge 'lip' of the cervix where she said it looked dark.

This I guess is more a rant than a question but BOY am I fed up of waiting for results. I have to wait until March 4th to get these results. This whooooooole thing started in May 2019... by the time it's all said and done it'll be over a year. My anxiety level this past year has just been through the roof. I'm tired so very very tired of waiting for everything.

The waiting is rubbish isn't it .

I went for my test of cure smear and the nurse says brightly "the good news is that now they only test for hpv, the results are coming back in under 2 weeks"

I pointed out that that timescale would only be if the results were negative and she agreed.

I've been waiting 4 weeks now so I'm clearly still hpv positive and am waiting to find out what else but it's going to be another colposcopy for me too at the very least. Wish the nurse hadn't said anything. 

All the waiting and the many many times being poked and prodded and tested and biopsied and blah blah blah it just wears you down after a while.

Like I said, I got my abnormal pap results in May/early June last year. It just seems like such a long time.

I hope you get your results soon and that if you are to have another colposcopy, that you don't have to wait too long before you have that appointment.

My results arrived today and it turns out I am HPV negative!

Very relieved obviously.

No idea why my nurse said under two weeks - if she had said nothing it would have saved me a lot of stress.

Hope everything goes well for you and thank you for your support.

Jx 

Yeah I'm not sure why they would give you a short time frame, but yay! HPV negative is wonderful news! 
couple more weeks of waiting for me, but thankfully work is busy so that's keeping me plenty distracted.