Colposcopy results

Hi all,

I am 25 years old and have had HPV since I was around 20 and have had a series of borderline smear results with HPV + in that time. I finally got referred for a colposcopy in April after yet another borderline smear in February. 

The woman doing my colposcopy said during it she could see a very tiny amount of pre-cancerous cells and she took some biopsys and said she would write to me with the results. Well my letter came and read this:

"I am writing to let you know that the tissue I removed from the cervix did not show any significant abnormality. In view of this, you do not require any treatment. We wll therefore be discharging you back to your GP for routine recall smears".

What does this mean? Am I supposed to have 6 monthly smears? Yearly smears? Three yearly smears? Do you think this approach is too conservative given that I have had HPV for at least 5 years and it has not shifted? I don't want cancer to develop and for me to just get left.

Thanks.

yayyy thats great news, I would assume back to yearly but thats great news! if you would prefer more regular I am sure if you told them your concerns they would be fine with it?