Colposcopy questions!

Hiya
I’m brand new to this site and wanted to ask a few questions!
I’m 24 so hadn’t had a smear test before but I’ve had severe bleeding after sex so my GP referred me for a transvaginal scan followed by a colposcopy.
I had the colposcopy 2 days ago on Wednesday and the nurses did a smear test and then put some liquid solutions on my cervix. I saw on the screen that some of the cells turned white and the nurse said that the cells looked abnormal and took a punch biopsy.
I just wondered if anyone knows what the white cells might be? I’ve done lots of reading on this site and read about CIN. I’m not clear whether the white cells mean that I definitely have CIN/something else and they are looking at the biopsy to find out what grade it is or if they could just be nothing?

Also wanted to ask about how long it usually takes for the punch biopsy to heal?

Thanks for any help!
Anna

I may be wrong but I believe they will grade it cin 1, 2 or 3. I had cin3, or cgin which means more of the area is effected. It is not a grading of cancer. It grades how much of the cells are abnormal. 

based on that they will decide What the next plan of action is. 

x

Hi Anna,

If you had cells that turned white, it shows some type of abnormality.  Like Kaleigh said, now they will give the abnormality a grade that tells how much of the area is affected by abnormalities.

Your punch biopsy should heal pretty quickly.  I was told that I may have spotting for a few days, but shouldn't have any heavy bleeding due to the punch biopsies being taken.  If you have heavier bleeding, you should probably call your doctor and let him/her know so they can advise you what to do.  Best of luck to you!

Hugs,

Sarah

Thanks both for your help :) just waiting for results now. Fingers crossed x