I just want to try and reassure from my experience as I had my smear in April which ended up to be CIN III and have had 2 procedures, and just over a week ago got positive news that it has been removed and I don’t need anymore treatment and just a check up in 6 months.
From what I have seen if it’s CIN III normally they have caught it earlier enough before it turns into anything serious, also I’ve been told it normally takes many years to turn into something serious.
If you want to read below my story (sorry it’s long) but you will also see issues I have faced throughout this process.
I had a similarish issue, have always had clear smears up to April this year, (I’m 34). This came as a huge shock as I’ve been single for a while now. I had my colonoscopy appointment 4 weeks after my smear test where they carried out the LLETZ (Loop) during the appointment, the consultant advised that it wasn’t that bad and was sure that it had all been removed and I wouldn’t need any further treatment, and would get results in 4 weeks. 6 weeks passed (chasing from 4 weeks from results - which I kinda started thinking all must be ok not hearing anything) to receive a text to say I had been booked in for a pre op assessment for 2 days later - yet at this time I had still not had my results, I then had to wait another 24hours to speak to someone to find out what was happening as there was no one medical available- so in an instant I started thinking the worst!
The consultant rang me the next day and explained it was CIN III and that the margins on one side was not clear had micro cells and I need another LLETZ but under general anaesthetic as they needed to go in deeper. He explained it’s nothing to worry about and not sure what the rush and urgency is about and in 40 years has never had it come back as cancer.
I went for the pre op and then had a call later that day - originally they wanted to do the surgery the following week but it was with a different consultant, and I had been told to make sure it was the consultant I had already seen to do the surgery, so I was booked in for 2 weeks time.
2 days later I got a call to say they had discussed my case in there internal meeting and they need to bring the surgery forward to 5 days time - so again panic set in but was also thinking if it is something serious then at least it’s being dealt with quickly.
I received the confirmation letter to see that I had been put under a different consultant, as it was a Saturday I couldn’t speak to anyone, I eventually found out on the Monday that I had been put under a different consultant as they was now not doing the LLETZ but a cone biopsy and the consultant I was under isn’t able to do this. So once again panic set in as after looking on this forum and google the cone biopsy is not a common procedure.
Fast forward to day of surgery, got to talk to the consultant, and all I kept hearing on the day is that they have put for my results to be sent back as urgent (within 2 weeks) - once again this scared me and I felt like they knew something but wasn’t telling me.
3 weeks after surgery I got my results to say that it had all been removed and I don’t need any further treatment and will have a follow up in 6 months.
I hope this helps, and if you have any questions feel free to message me.