Colposcopy booked for 5days after recieving smear results??

Okay so I may just be scaring myself…

I’m 25 and had my first smear on 01/08/16.
Today 11/08/16 I received my results in the post. High grade (severe) dyskaryosis. Along with a colposcopy referral appoiment for the 15/08/16.

I was told it would be a minimum of 2 weeks before I even got my smear result…

Everything seems to have come very quickly?

Should I be worried or is this normal procedure?

Hi its completely normal. I didn't even get a letter first, the colposcopy unit rang a week after my smear and booked me in 3 days later which really frightened me as it seemed so fast, but fromwhat I've read on here and talking to the nurses it just depends on how busy they are. It seems to range from 2 days to 3 weeks around the country. Good luck xx

Hi there,

I have been through smear, colposcopy and procedure within 6 weeks. I also had CIN 3 cells, it's great that it's fast, you will be fine. Let me know if you have any questions about anything, I would be happy to help.

X

Hi there

I'd second what the ladies above said. My smear was only borderline (no CIN3 / severe dyskariosis) but I also got a call from the colposcopy clinic within a week of my smear, which naturally scared the hell out of me.

It seems they have a fast turnaround, especially in this area (Surrey). The doctor also told me they get quite a lot of cancellations, so try to give them to someone else rather than waste them. I'm not really surprised, since most working people can't attend an appointment at 11am on a weekday with 2 days notice!!

I really don't think there's anything sinister in the speed that they're seeing you. It's probably good, get it over with

E