Cold Coagulation

Hi everyone, just joined the forum as I thought it would be nice to feel supported!

I am 26 years old and have been undergoing cervical smear tests and colposcopys for the past few months after I had low-grade dyskaryosis and high-risk HPV detected after my first (successful) smear. I had to cancel my first smear test due to my period, then my second one was unsuccessful. After moving away from home I was booked in at my new GP surgery where I was given the abnormal results. 

Following a biopsy result recently I have been informed that I will have to undergo treatment and that this consists of Cold Coagulation, Ive been told it's a very quick treatment however I am  still very nervous! I am training to be a nurse myself and feel a bit daft for being worried however I am awful when it comes to needles and have heard that they inject the local anaesthetic, is this correct? 

I feel fortuante that everything has been detected early and that the changes are minor, however the process has been such a long one and as others who have undergone the procedures know, the effects can last a few weeks. Seeing the word 'cancer' on a letter is unnerving, even when they say that it isn't a cancer diagnosis. On a positive note, the experience has encouraged me even more to make sure all my friends go for their smear tests :) 

Any advice would be much appreciated!