cold coagulation freaked out

Hi im a bit worried, me and my partner were trying to get pregnant for a few years visited my gp to see if there were any reasons for it not happening and as i turned 25 last year they said i should have my first ever smear so in may i went along had the smear was positive thinking it was just routine i then got a very basic letter from the hospital telling me i had abnormal cells on my cervix gave very little information even in the leaflet they had attached to my appointment letter asking me to go for a colposcopy i ended up taking to google just to find out what it all meant. 5 weeks ago i had the colposcopy which resulted in having a biopsy yataken from a couple of areas but the whole experience kicked off my anxiety as i have a real problem with panic attacks and the lack of information really didnt help now ive had a letter back stating i have an appointment for tuesday coming up to have cold coagulation treatment again with very little information but this time google hasnt even managed to inform me much about it either ive found a couple of bits of information about local anaestetic or general anaestetic and some bits say it hurts others dont and im starting to freak out even more than with the colposcopy and just really need some information from people who have experienced it what to expect with the treatment before during and after.

Hi , after reading you post I wanted to let you know that I had cold coagulation 26 yrs ago for abnormal cells. I was given a local anaesthetic so felt nothing. It was over very quickly & all my smears have been normal since this treatment . I hope this helps, feel free to pm me if I can give you any more info. Best wishes , Barbara. X

Thank you for your response its just been hard finding other peoples experiences on it as it seems its not the most used treatment im glad to know its over quickly its just i havent been given much information that plus severe anxiety doesnt help much and when i had my colpscopy biopsy and smear it was uncomfortable and they were quite rough so it worried me that plus any discomfort from the treatment would send me into overdrive freaking out glad to hear after your treatment you have had normal smears since. Kind regards kirsty x

Just an update i had the treatment this afternoon and i cannot thank you enough just for sharing your experience i managed the whole thing with only la not ga which after last time they highly recommended because of my panic attacks and didnt have a single panic attack now just have to wait for the 6 month check up smear and im planning to stay positive from now on thank you again x