CIN3 smear

Thank you… At least one down… Waiting for the results now. All the best for your appointment tom Maz. :heart:

1 Like

May sound stupid but did they cover you from your waist. I dread it.

I hate that as well everytime i had scans and smears. Yes they did… I wore a dress so that i won’t feel too exposed. But they have hospital gowns in which you could opt to use as well. The nurses were so helpful and tried to calm me up by talking to me. The nurse colposcopist was very nice as well. I was so dreading to feel the needle when they put the anesthesia but luckily i didn’t feel it at all. It just the burning smell afterwards but not too bad. I am having a bit of cramps right now and bleeding is not bad so far.

1 Like

Well done. You got through it. I may ask for gown or the paper sheets they tear off. Hopefully they will do that. Things ppl don’t realise you worry about. Thank you for telling me :pray:

1 Like

Good thing it was a female nurse colposcopist… I wouldn’t be comfortable otherwise even though I have already given birth etc…and i agree it does add to your anxiety.

Yes I have had a male and tbh it was awful. Never again.

1 Like

How’s it going since you had it done? I was in there quite a bit. It feels a bit gross after and hoping that clears soon :grimacing:

Hellp maz… How are you? I just read your post. So I felt the cramps had increased on the fourth day after I had it done and the flow has been a bit heavier. Today the cramps has settled.

1 Like

I also want this to be over. :pensive: My mind is on and off the result of the biopsy. I am scared most of the times but I am focusing on taking care of my baby to at least take my mind off it. Hioe you are feeling better yourself today. Xxx

1 Like

Getting there. TMI … it just feels yucky and gross. Hoping it’s not infected. I’m sorry you are experiencing this with babe in arms. Think it takes 4 weeks for results. Hopefully sooner :pray: think it is best to just get busy as you say and take kind of it x

1 Like

It does feel uncomfortable and yucky. How long will this last again? I forgot what the nurse told me. As long as it is not the weird color you are okay…no bath they said just shower for now. Ohh… Thank you so much!! I pray that we will get better soon Maz. It is just depressing at times but I God is my refuge. I am so thankful that this page and forum exist as I am too embarassed to tell a friend or my family about this.

Me too. I’ve not told anyone. They never mentioned baths to me :see_no_evil: I’ve had them. I will stick to showers. This forum is great …

1 Like

Hello Maz… How are you? Any news yet? Me still waiting and anxious now :disappointed_relieved:

Hi, I had to chase for results or I don’t think I’d have got them. It had been over 5 wks so I called the hosp & emailed the dept. Confirmed it’s def high grade CIN3 from biopsy. Said I will need to get smear in 6 months to check all gone and no further changes. Call your hosp & nag for results. X

1 Like

Ohh okay… Thank you… That is good news Maz!! I am so pleased for you!! :heart::heart::heart:

It is I guess. I hoped it be Cin2 but it was clear when saw it on screen too. So glad it wasn’t more. Think the follow is the most important to make sure all removed and clear. I’m sure you will be good. Nag them Monday for result. If I hadn’t called I honestly wouldn’t have had a letter posted. It’s worrying.

1 Like