Cin3 and worried

Hi I had my smear test results back from my GP and I have been referred to a colonoscopy. I have tested positive for HPV aswell I am so scared it’s cancerous cells
Please give me some advice

2 Likes

You’ll not get a colonoscopy, thank goodness - the colposcopy will take a biopsy and you will probably be offered a LLETZ treatment there and then under a local anaesthetic - where they will intend to remove the rogue cells (generally it’s only a small area) and send off for testing. I see in another post it’s CIN3 that’s been detected - we will all hope with you that this is the worst of it, and it can be removed BEFORE it becomes invasive and cancerous.

Do read some other threads on here about what to expect at your appointment, and read through Jo’s Trust information pages about CIN and Colposcopy. It’s best you are prepared and know what is going to happen - then you need to trust that your team will do everything possible to sort this out for you - as they have done for others. Try not to panic, but you WILL get treatment. X

1 Like

Thank you
Yeah I can never get the word right thank you I just hope and prey they sort of it feels a long wait to my appointment abs I’m so anxious

1 Like

Hi Gemma!

Im in the same boat, ive been invited to have Colposcopy on 5th April as ive tested positive for HPV last 3 years in a row.
My cells are normal thankfully, so I should be OK.
Hope your OK its an anxious wait isnt it?! I did not expect to be referred but as ladies on here pointed out to me , i should be thankful and not scared :pray:
Sending love to you.:heart:
Nat
X

2 Likes

@Gemma22 @Nw56natalie hi girls, I think it’s totally normal to feel a little bit anxious but try not to stress to much huns as everything will be fine! I was in the same boat a few months ago with my CIN3 and I was soooo looked after and supported by the nurses at the Colposcopy clinic - they were fab! Xx

2 Likes

@Soph

Glad you were well looked after thats brill. Hope your doing ok. X