Cin3 returned after lletz 6 months ago

Hi I’m 28 years old and in December I went to the go with some concerns of bleeding and a couple of other things. I was referred to the hoodies where I had my 1st smear done at 27 which I’m ashamed that I left it so long out of embarrassment. In January I got the smear results and it came back that o was high risk hpv and had high grade pre cancerous cells. I was then booked in for a colposcopy and had a biopsy taken, I got a phone call 7 days later as it was cin3 I had the lletz treatment the week after. I went for my 6 month smear a couple of weeks ago and they took a biopsy without any warning, I asked why and they said they wanted an area testing. 2 weeks later I got a letter through the post with an appointment in 3 weeks to have the lletz treatment again as the cin3 is back. Just looking for similar experiences as it’s worrying me as I thought the treatment would of worked and I didn’t expect it to come back in 6 months after treatment. I suppose I want to know what will happen if I keep getting cin3 at the smears as I know it’s stupid but I just don’t feel like it’s going to go away it’s worrying me more this time. Sorry for long post I haven’t got anyone to talk to really that can understand how I’m feeling xx

Hello vicky sorry to hear your smear has come back abnormal again. Sometimes it can take a couple of lletz to clear it up, however as the cell changes are caused by hpv you can try and help your body clear the virus by doing all you can to boost your own immune system. So if you smoke, really try and stop, get plenty of rest, eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and veg, take a multivitamin including folic acid and green tea is also meant to be very good.  My consultant advised me to juice as well but you can buy green juice powders from Holland and Barrett if easier. Garlic is meant to be anti viral so plenty of that and it's just a personal thing but I stopped taking the mini pill as I didn't want anything messing with my body and my problems seem to start after I started taking it even though my gp said 'there's no proven link' but obviously that's not for everyone. When I went for colposcopy I was told there was inflammation and as soon as I got biopsy result of cin3 through the post I made all these changes and by the time I went back for the lletz the nurse commented that my cervix looked alot lot better from the colposcopy appointment so I really do think those things helped and they're good for us anyway and really quite easy to do. Try not to panic and don't let this overwhelm you, it's not uncommon and there's others on here who have had this happen and its all sorted now, best of luck to you xxx

Hi thanks for the reply Libby :) i stopped smoking a week ago as I know that that isn't good for the hpv virus and I defo want to do everything I can to stay healthy and fight it off. I suppose it's just worried me as people I know had treatment then went on to have a clear result after. I'm just shocked that it's back so soon. I didn't realise it could come back so fast. I've got the treatment in 3 weeks I was shocked they have left it so long this time as it was only a week the last time. I suppose I just wanted to know what would happen if the smears kept coming back with cin3 would the treatment be different or would there be a next step. I know it's not much to worry about as like you said there is many women out there who have the same I'm just a natural born worrier. Fingers crossed once I have the lletz and have my next 6 month smear the quitting smoking will have done some good xxx

I'm sure the quitting smoking will definitely help, it's so bad for us and known to cause problems with the cervix, suppress immune system etc. I read of people having a few lletz for persistent cin, you can also have an op to completely remove the cervix but I'm sure it won't come to that. Just look after yourself the best you can and this 2nd lletz should get rid of it once and for all. Also it could be that the hpv has caused the cells to turn in 6 months or it could be that the weren't fully removed last time and some were left behind so this 2nd lletz will get the last lot x

Hi update I went for my lletz yesterday and during the examination they said it was hard to see clearly of cervix surface all the cin3 but they noticed that the cin3 had gone  further into my cervix. Is this something to worry about. I've got to wait like last time for a letter in 4 weeks to know if my 6 month smear will be at the hospital again or if it will be at gps. X

Hi all, 

I'm in a similar situation. 

I had a LEEP 5 months ago and went for my follow up appointment a few days ago. The gyno said he saw some abnormal cells on my cervix and he did a biospy at the same time. I'm not anxiously waiting for results. 

I don't know how severe the CIN is this time or he found something worse, but having it come back within a few months is devastating. 

Does anyone know what will happen next? I will be gutted if I need to go through another LEEP or even or invasive procedure. I really want to have children in the future. 

Thanks, 
Crystal x