CIN3 and High Risk HPV

Hello,

I’m so worried!! I have had high risk hpv for a few years now, but my colposcopy always showed low grade changes.

When I had a recent biopsy, the doctor said it all looked fine and low grade - but it’s come back as CIN3 and I’m going in this week for treatment!

I don’t understand how it’s gone from low grade to cin3 so quickly? Even when he said it all looked fine just 4 weeks ago!! Has anybody else been in this situation?

Could this be cancer? I’m so scared. I have a 7 month old baby :frowning:

Hi @Bubblesqueak27

When doctors grade abnormalities by eye all they are doing is making an educated guess, nobody can really say for sure the exact grade unless its through a biopsy… usually they are right but an educated guess is still a guess and abnormalities can sometimes look worse or less than what they are

CIN3 is not cancer and it would be very unlikely they would find cancer when a biopsy has returned CIN3… I had a low grade smear and a colposcopy biopsy upgraded it to CIN3 so i know how it feels to get the kick in the teeth lol i was on a 12 month follow up and went from borderline changes to CIN3 within 13 months, it took 9 weeks from my CIN3 diagnosis to my treatment but even though my cells progressed quickly the 9 week wait didnt make a difference in the results i still had CIN3 xx

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for replying. This makes me feel a little bit better. Was everything clear after your treatment / follow up? Xx

Yeah all was clear thankfully i only needed the 1 treatment and my follow up smear in september came back as HPV- so I’m back on the normal routine recall xx

That’s amazing. Hopefully my story is similar :slight_smile: x

If it helpes, LLETZs are successful in 90% of cases, it can also help with clearing the virus its not understood how but for most woman it can give the immune system a kickstart… so you do have statistics in your corner :slight_smile: xx

5 Likes