CIN3 5x hysterectomy at 33

Hi everyone,

Since 2018 I have repeatedly had CIN3 severe cells & have in total had 4 LLETZ procedures.

6 months following my last LLETZ which produced clear margins, Jan this year I had my most recent smear. The results have came back CIN3 high grade / severe once again.

After a MDT this week, the consultant called to tell me they are concerned & recommending an urgent total hysterectomy within the next 6-8 weeks.

I am due to go in for a meeting within the next week & to discuss an examination to see if these cells are anywhere else (vaginal walls etc)

If anyone has been in a similar situation; what questions would you recommend I ask?

I’m in a bit of shock at the moment I think.

Appreciate anyone taking time to read this x

1 Like

Hi Rebecca
I was told on Thursday that I needed to have a hysterectomy because CIN 3 cells were in too hazardous a position to risk another Letz or cone biopsy. Like you, I have been chasing CIN 3 without luck. Whist I was shocked and upset at the time, I do appreciate that it wasn’t a cc diagnosis. Surgery planned for 6-8 weeks so have a bit of time to adjust. Unlike you, I am past childbearing age. Not easy news for you at all and hope you have good support around you x

1 Like

I just wanted to message to say I hope you are doing ok. Sending support and solidarity

1 Like

Hi I wondered if I might ask how your meeting went and what the plan was moving forward? I am waiting to speak to consultants after my 3rd LLETZ for CIN3 showed in the biopsy that they couldn’t determine clear margins high in the canal where they did a top hat procedure) (1st LLETZ was 2015 for CIN3 , and 2nd LLETZ was Oct 2023 and produced no clear margins). Nurse didn’t think a 4th LLETZ was an option as so much removed already. If they need MDT decision it’s another 4 week wait :frowning: I know hysterectomy is likely on the cards but also wondering what best to ask to prepare. I hope things are going okay for you x

1 Like

Hey all,

Sorry I haven’t been here for a little while.

I’ve had two conversations with consultants & an iodine staining examination in the time since I was last here.

The iodine didn’t show the abnormal cells on the surface of the cervix, despite the severe CIN3 smear result. I am due an MRI any day to completely rule out cancer (it feels very alien to even say that word) & although I’m being pragmatic & the consultants have said that this would be a shock, there is that small niggle of worry.

Regardless of the MRI, a total hysterectomy is suggested as the best course of action. I still don’t know how I feel about this, I have one son & making the decision as to whether the family is complete is a tricky one.

Thank you so much for replying & I hope you’re both doing okay?

X

Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for your reply. Hope you are okay- any news in your surgery date? Sounds like we are on a similar journey as I also am now listed for hysterectomy in a few weeks, with MRI as precaution check first. A lot to take in… ! X