Hysterectomy or 3rd Lletz

Hi All,

I had my first Lletz in March for CIN3, the results of the biopsy were CIN3 and cGIN. I had a second Lletz in April, the results of the biopsy were still CIN3 and cGIN. I know the results are being discuss at the next MDT meeting. Im 36 and have two children and my family is complete. Are they likely to suggest a Hysterectomy or to have a 3rd Lletz.

Thanks
Xx

Hello, it will probably depend on how much cervix you have left if there is not enough to safely do another Lletz most probably they will suggest Hysterectomy, but they may take your personal circumstances also into consideration the fact that your family is already complete may make them go for Hysterectomy also. What do you prefer? You could keep your ovaries in the Hysterectomy most women do for a CIN3 or CGIN result so you wouldn’t go into menopause. And surgery most likely to be Laparoscopy a much faster recovery than abdominal one. Take care.

Thank you Hop1.

I think I would prefer a hysterectomy. The constant waiting for results and the not knowing if they got it all is the hardest part. I just keep thinking if I have another Lletz it’s another 5 weeks waiting for results and the possibility that they don’t get it all again.

Xx

Yes I agree with you the waiting is extremely stressful,now I am trying to think positive specially after some of the stories I been reading on this site I feel very lucky that is only CIN3 and CGIN that I had and not cancer.
Let me know what the MDT suggest for you, take care and stay strong.

Hi …. I had my second Lletz in April. I was told if they don’t get everything that time it would possibly be a hysterectomy. I am 44 single with a 21 year old daughter so in my mind my family is complete. I still haven’t had any official results just that my management plan would be discussed at the MDT meeting on the 9th June. I was hoping to get a letter to say that we have managed to get it all have a smear in 6 months. All it said on my letter was Biopsy: Loop Excision - CGIN, so I am wondering if I have CGIN as well. If it does come up I would be happy to have a hysterectomy rather than have all this waiting for results ……feels like that’s allI have done in 2022!