3rd episode of Cin3 despite 2 lletz

I’m after any advice/ experiences please I had cin 3 3/4years ago for first time and was treated in theatre with a LLETZ due to a very complex cardiac and neurological condition it was felt to be the safest place. 

My 6mth follow up smear showed cin3 again so I had a further LLETZ in theatre and a larger area removed if came back with clear margins and my 6mth follow up smear was clear. 

My consultant was happy and put me back to the normal 3yearly screening Program. March this year I had my screening and to my total shock after 8weeks I got the letter telling me I have high grade cells/ cin3 again and have to go for colposcopy again!

I immediarly called the clinic and the receptionist remembered me due to my complex health needs and need for cardiology agreement to do the LLETZ and she has booked me in to see the same consultant on 5th June.

what I want to know is at the age of 43 and already sterilised are they likely to suggest a hysterectomy? Am I able to suggest i’d like to consider one? 

It was mentioned last tine by a registrar I saw that if it didnt clear after two the next option would be a hysterectomy as much of the cervix has been removed.

my other question is to anyone who has been through this how quickly do they do it I am going on holiday at end of July And I know even to consider another LLETZ will take a lot of planning again as my health has deteriorated so much in the 3 years.

I have just started hydrotherepy which is going to be totally disrupted by this as well I’m so scared and worried and playing it over in my head what the different options could be.

I think I’d prefers to opt for a hysterectomy at this stage but don’t want one till after my holiday but leaving it worries me not treating it quickly. 

sorry this is long I am very stressed. Thanks for any help.

Hi Jenny

I have just had a hysterectomy for similar reasons

I was on the treatment / coloscopy roller coaster for approx 9 years before a hysterectomy was first even mentioned - and even then they tried one final Lletz (my third) 

Just see how things go in June, and if a hysterectomy is decided, ask the consultant how long it is likely to take as he will know the wait times for your area and take it from there

Try not to overthink things

Hi thanks for your reply. I have chatted with my GP who is lovely and knows me very well. I am going a week on Tuesday and will listen to his thoughts then I’ll put my point forward if need be, I just need off this rollercoaster. I learnt that in 2014 I had high risk HPV detected I guess that explains why my smear has  come back high grade again 4 years later! 

How are you feeling after your hysterectomy?

Can I ask was it an abdominal procedure they did and did you keep your ovaries?

Thank you again take care