CIN 3 looking into Hysterectomy (children mentioned)

Hi All,

Im after some advice. Ive read lots of posts but am going to put this out there anyway. So I have regualr smears and they've always been fine. The last one not so much! It came back Abnormal Cells HPV virus present.

This was all happening over my 30th birthday celebrations. I didn't want to wait for the Colposcopy so I went private. At the consultation the DR said to me it was low grade to moderate. Just before I went in for the Colposcopy he sat me down and said he had looked again and he thought possibly more moderate.

During the procedure he said the cells went up into my cervix and he couldn't see how far so we decided to go ahead with the LLETZ procedure. My results came back and I went to see the consultant again. He said the cells were severe and CIN 3. If I was a smoker he would advise me to stop but couldn't give me any other reason for this! My immunity isnt low so the virus essentially shouldnt be live. The fact that it is just shows that they need to keep an eye on me. I have to go back for another smear in October as they want to see what its like but also because they don't know how far into my cervix the cells have gone!

So the point to my essay is......this is messing with my head! I hate the fact that its unknown all the time. I'm not unhealthy so they dont know why the virus hasn't stayed dormant! It also progressed from nothing to CIN 3 in 3 years! I would like a hysterectomy. I have two beautiful children, my husband and I don't want any more. What are your thoughts? I just want to erradicate any risk in that area at the very least. 

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks xxx

I had lletz treatment for cin3 and cgin earlier his year. I’m now due my 6 month test of cure this week. I have been having the exact same conversations about a hysterectomy. I have two kids and don’t want any more so I’m definitely going to ask the dr about it and doscuss pros and cons. For me it’s more about removing the constant wondering if what’s going on. Maybe it’s worth a conversation with your gynae/dr to discuss x

Hi ladies

i have had 2 lletz and a punch biopsy in the past 2 years for CIN3 and CIN2. I was very worried that I had progressed from clear transformation zone to CIN2 in 6 months and requested a hysterectomy. Already have 3 children and husband has had a vasectomy. For me my reason for wanting the hysterectomy was the same as both of you - however when I questioned my doctor about t she said no way would they perform this procedure just for my ’peace of mind’ although, as I’ve already had 2 letz there is very little of my cervix left to remove so if my CIN returns they will consider it then. I had my last one done in March and have had numerous complications since (just back from GP tjust now with prolonged bleeding and groin pain and she has basically told me to wait For next appointment!!!) easy for her to say, she isn’t the one who has thought of nothing but since 1st being diagnosed with CIN!!!! 

Good luck with your doctors though. I’m in Scotland so maybe different protocols. She said to me that the cons outweighed the pros and that they wouldnt want to have to explain to my husband and children that their mother ‘died’ because they  carried out such a procedure as a precaution. 

Thank you for your reply. Its nice to know others understand exactly how I'm feeling and why! I spoke to my Nurse about it. She said it is unlikley they will do it but wanted to read my notes regarding everything I've had done so far and the results and she would try and get me a Gynae appointent to at least talk to them about the issues and if there are any other alternatives. I hope you get somewhere x

Hi there, Thank you for your reply. I didn't know they could do more than one LLETZ procedure. Its crazy that they cannot remove it all yet they can keep provoking that area and removing small parts of it. I understand the risks with a hysterectomy its just crazy. I am going back to see the nurse with my notes in two weeks time so hopefully she will help me get somewhere further. 

It certainly hits home when they say "they wouldnt want to have to explain to my husband and children that their mother ‘died’ because they  carried out such a procedure as a precaution" 

and the only reason we are all considering it is to be here and healthy for them!!

I hope you get some help and a better outcome at your next appointment xx