cin 2 got to have treatment

hi i recently had a smear done back in jan my 1st one! im only 25 so this was all quite a shock never had period pains or heavy bleeding but since last child i got this so i made sure i had my smear anyhow this came back to weeks later saying borderline and hpv present oh the worry that goes through ur head went for my coloscopy 2 wks ago had biopsies taken this wasnt as bad as i thought it was gojng to be i was pysched up and so worried the person doing the coloscopy said its cin1 howevwr my results came back 4wks later the worrie of waitimg so long and it came back i have cin2 and have to have treatment on 29th of this month the loop lletz if thats how u spell it also got to have a anestic im so worried im more dreading the bleeding for 4-6 weeks but anythings better than it ever reaching cancer! wanted to ask if any of you ladies ahve been through this whatbis it like trufully and also i was going to go to my appoitment on my own wilk inbe able to drive back after have anestectic or would u advice not? also has loop thing always been successful thanks your repkys would be very helpful thanks as theres no one elee to speak to who knows how i feel other than you guys who are going thru it :slight_smile: xx

Hi daisybulq21,

I'm new to this as well but I had my LLETZ on Friday there and nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't know I was going to be getting it done but I was freaking out as it was being explained  (too busy crying to pay attention).

It was a bit uncomfortable setting it all up which took the longest then one of the nurses distracted me by asking how long I had been married and before I even knew it the colposcopist said she was done. I didn't even think she had finished freezing the area never mind actually finished the treatment. I felt a bit dizzy after it just with all the shock and legs being up in the air but they sat with me and brought me juice and a biscuit until I felt well enough to leave.

I had taken the car as I didn't expect to be getting it done and I stayed in the cafe and had a coffee for a bit then drove home and felt fine. Sorry if it's too much info but I haven't bled really either-it more of a blood stained discharge and quite a bit so still need a pad but not heavy blood at all.  And apart from the odd little pain it's not been sore at all. I was stocked up on painkillers and took them on Friday and yesterday but haven't needed any today at all.

I will keep you updated if anything changes but please try not to worry too much about it.  You could take painkillers an hour before you go in like I did and honestly it's not as bad as expected.

Xxx

hi clarence thankyou for the info has made me feel a lil better and i bet it was a shock especislly with no notice ive had a coloscopy done already so know the feeling of legs up ect i think you always prepare yourself for things t0 be much worse than they actually are sometimes this good beacsue when u have it done its a releif that it wasnt that bad well just have to wait to have this done think i would of preferred to have it there and then because we cant help but worry all the waiting that eats away at yah thanks again and hope you have a good recovery :)

If you are having a general anaesthetic you shouldn't drive after.  If only a local you will be fine.  Good luck x