cin 2 :(

So last year i had a colposcopy that came back with cin1 and hpv, 2 weeks ago i went back for a yearly check up another colposcopy, just had my results today and i now have cin2 :( i have to go into hospital on the 7th October for loop excursion, i am sooooo nervous and dont no how to feel:( 

I would say don't panic, but if you're anything like me you will regardless of what anyone says. I've just had done what you are booked to have done,  for me the worst bit was the speculum being fiddled with, that hurt, the rest including injections I did feel at all, but of course everyone is different. For me the day after I went back to work which was too soon, felt like my insides were going to drop out (nothing did though phew!) no longer crampy just achey and few sharp pains. Day two and I'm already irritated that I'm supposed to take it easy, but I'm a stubborn bugger. Everyone has told me the best thing to do is listen to your body, mine has said ouch too much, sleep some more, so I've had to. The bit that worried me more was having abnormal cells, rather than it being awfully painful. Hope everything goes ok x

I think i was more scared that its gone from cin 1 to cin 2 in a year, and keep thinking it can get worse again, not spoke to my family about it, only my partner knows, but hes that laid back he should be horizontal, his response was 'well its not C' gee thanks thats helpful!!! Did you go alone to your appointment if you dnt mind me asking?? And thank you for replying :) hope you feel well x

I think i was more scared that its gone from cin 1 to cin 2 in a year, and keep thinking it can get worse again, not spoke to my family about it, only my partner knows, but hes that laid back he should be horizontal, his response was 'well its not C' gee thanks thats helpful!!! Did you go alone to your appointment if you dnt mind me asking?? And thank you for replying :) hope you feel well x

Well once they whip it out with margins it's gone. I guess there must be a chance that abnormal cells could come back but that's why you have check ups. The treatment is 95% effective.  I took my bf but he didn't come into the room with me, there were two nurses, always one to hold your hand. I then lay down for a while after and could go home. Went home and snuggled up on the sofa. I wouldn't have been up to driving anywhere that day, my legs went very shakey and felt very odd, would definitely get someone to take you or taxi at the very least x

Hi just to put your mind at rest the treatment isn't bad at all you may feel the injection but it really doesn't hurt. Your partner sounds like mine he couldn't see why I was getting myself so worked up about it. I went to the hospital with my partner but he didnt come in while i had the treatment as my little boy (11months at the time) was with us so he went to the coffee shop tin the hospital to wait. I was literally in for 20 mins and that included a little chat beforehand as it was my first colposcopy from recieving my smear results, the main time was taken getting undressed and dressed again! Felt fine afters even went for a little walk around york while i was there!

Good luck im sure you will be fine !!

xxx

Thank you for your advice feel abit better now, still nervous but am hoping thats normal x

Thank you for your reply and advice :) xx

I know how you feel about being scared hun.  Mine went from borderline changes , which then went back to normal. . Then the last one was cin3! How it could go from normal to cin3 within 6 months was what has scared me the most.  I've got my colposcopy next week and trying to keep calm as best I can.  This site is a god send for helping rant and find gals who are going through the same thing xx

When i was told last year i had cin 1 i thought they would have kept an eye on me and maybe gone fot 6 montly checkups, seems things ive been reading says this, but they left me a year :( so just hoping after this they change me to every 6 months hopefully, and thank you for your reply to xx

You probably will get more frequent checks for a while and if everything is ok then they get further apart. With cin 1 it often goes back to normal on its own, sadly for you it didn't, but it's ok it's still been caught nice and early. X

Claire,

I had the same experience as you - CIN1 confirmed with biopsies then less than a year later, a high grade smear, which turned out to be CIN2.  I was so worried about it changing quickly, but now I've been through the LLETZ, I'm really glad those cells have gone.  I could've had endless 6 monthly smears with CIN1, but now it's gone and hopefully the next smear will be clear and that will be it forever.

Although it's frightening, it's made me so grateful for cervical screening because this is why they do it, and for most women, it totally works.

Hope you're feeling ok x

Hi libby thanks for your reply, can i just ask, after lletz do you get results of any kind or do they just send for you in 6 months, sorry im just so confused, do they do the lletz and send them cells off to be tested?? I hate the 'waiting' it makes me anxious x