CIN2 age 21

Hi,

so I have been reading a lot on here recently and I would just like to share my story so far. I went for a colposcopy where they took two biopsies which were honestly not sore in the slightest and I am terrible with pain! One has came back as CIN2 so I had to go back for loop treatment. I was terrified and I had read a few stories on here which made me worry even more. I'm terrified of paid but can honestly say it's no worse than a jag at the dentist! It's not great but it's really not that bad and is over with in 10 minutes! So far I've not had any bleeding but it's only been two days so I'm hoping I don't get much at all! I felt fine after no pain at all and I have been out everyday since living life normally. I'm slso going out this weekend so hopehully the bleeding doesn't start before that.

I told the nurse I was worrying so she has agreed to phone me with my results in three weeks so now I just need to wait. I think the waiting is the worst as I keep searching if it could be CC. im hoping it's not as i have always planned on having a family when I'm older and would never want to be told I couldn't anymore. I'd love to hear from anyone who was as young as me or younger as I feel like I'm the only person i know going through these problems. It's quite scary and stressful however I'm trying to forget about it. 

Chloe 

Hi Chloe. Sorry, I'm nowhere near your age, in fact I have a daughter who is near your age, but I wanted to post aNd say how sorry I am that you are going through this at your age. Not sure where you live but it doesn't sound like the UK as we don't routinely offer smears until 25 here. Anyway, I hope someone young pops up soon, as I know there are lots who post on this site. You sound as though you are coping with it well, even though it makes us all anxious, and in particular the waiting. CIN 2 is very treatable and there is every chance if you need treatment then it will sort out the problem. I am glad you have found us here at Jo's as we all understand how you must be feeling, and we are here to give each other support. hope all goes well for you and that you won't need to stick around with us! Take care x

Hi Chloe, I am also 21 years old.

I hope everything went well - how are you getting on now?

I had a colp and biopsy in June 2017, to reveal CIN3 and had a LLETZ under general in August 2017 - the margins came back clear.

In Feb 2018 I had a smear to show low grade changes.

June 2018 I went back to the gyno with severe bleeding, pain, fainting and vomiting - he suspected endo so did a laprascopy and inserted a mirena. They found a large cyst on my ovary which we thought was causing all my issues.

September 2018 - The mirena has been controlling my periods but I still have bleeding after sex and pain during. I had my 12 month colp and the gyno saw some abnormalities so did a biopsy.

October 2018 - The reults came back with CIN3 High grade changes and I have been reffered to an oncologist for further tests as they are worried about cancer.... I am also extremely worried that I have cancer!

Hi Chloe,

I had a colposcopy 2 weeks ago, a week after my 21st birthday and the biopsys came back Cin 3. I had my LLETZ procedure yesterday so I am too waiting for results. I found it really stressful that I was having to deal with this so young, but it's nice to talk to other young woman about it. I hope your results come back positve!! Keep us updated.

Meg xx

How are you girls getting on?

I am booked in for my 2nd Lletz... I had clear margins after my 1st Lletz but now have developed CIN3 in under a year and it covers my entire cervix. I have to get quite a lot removed this time so I am worried about future pregnancies.