Chest X-Ray

Hi,
Does anybody know if it usual to have a chest X-Ray carried out a few days before LLETZ and pelvic examination under general anaesthetic?
I had my pre-op nearly two weeks ago and received a call today to say the doctor wants me to have the X-Ray this week before the surgery so I don’t know if it’s standard, if it means something was wrong with my blood or if they’re thinking that the cancer may have spread to my lungs.
X

Hi J:

Could depend where you live. I'm in the States and my insurance wouldn't pay for an MRI because statistically, the chances of a spread for early stage CC are so tiny they don't think it's necessary to do extensive tests. The insurers would pay for an Xray and CT scan (they're cheaper) so my gyno oncologist ordered those instead. 

I imagine your doc is just being super vigilant which is all to the good.

Take care

t x

I was walked straight round to the X-ray department immediately after a pelvic ultrasound and being admitted to hospital on the spot. It's a very quick and cheap way to check that you aren't in huge trouble.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hopefully it's just a standard thing that they do then. It's just because there's been a gap between the MRI and the X-Ray that I'm worried that they've found something from my blood test that has made them decide to do the X-Ray x

Hi 

I had an X ray before my cone biopsy under GA.  I actually assumed it was to do with the anaesthetic. When I read others posts on here at the time it seemed fairly normal.X

Hi misstell :)

Hopefully it is just to do with anaesthetic then rather than to check for lung cancer. I wish I'd asked when they called me to arrange it! I'll find out on Monday either way.

x

I could be wrong but I genuinely thought it was to make sure your lungs were healthy for the GA. Mine was on the same day as my cone so seemed pretty routine. Hope all goes well on Monday x

Thank you misstell :) I feel a bit better about it now X