cervical ectropian with mirena coil

Hello Everyone. I've had a one off period that lasted (albeit light) for almost three weeks last month. It's been a long while since my last smear, because I'm an idiot, so I visited the gp to get one last week. The nurse and then the gp both said my cervix looked healthy but that I had a small area of what looked like erosion. They've kindly referred me to a colposcopy clinic for investigation but in the meantime, I'm terrified. I lost my mum to cervical cancer (a particular type way up beyond the cervix I believe, when she was 66). I'm 46 and am wondering if any ladies of a similar age are finding that the peri menopause is a factor or indeed the mirena coil? I have read that the strings of the coil can cause bleeding etc. As a side issue, four months ago I had a problem with my gallbladder and have been diagnosed with gallstones. I'm following a very low/zero fat diet to avoid complications re this and have subsequently lost four stone. I'm wondering if this rapid weight loss could cause a hormone issue??

Lots of questions! Sorry to ramble on and thanks in advance for any advice or comment that you lovely bunch might feel is appropriate x

Oddly enough, you may not be aware you have it until you visit your gynecologist and have a pelvic examination.

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, what ended up happening x