Booked for MRI and CT

Hi ladies. I’ve shared this in other posts, but I’ve now been officially booked for an MRI and CT scan without even receiving the official diagnosis. :-/ I speak with the consultant this Thursday to get the LLETZ results, and the MRI-CT is next Tuesday. So yes, categorising this post here is kind of premature but hey - what else could it be? I’m not being flippant but after so many weeks of agonising worry I feel I’m just kind of spent at this point. I could use a hug, a kind word, or both. X

Hi @AnaM, I’m so sorry you are in such a horrible situation, the uncertainty is such a hard place to be and I’m sure a lot of us can totally understand how you feel. (I got a chemo induction appointment before I actual knew 100% I was having chemo!)
Just wanted to send you a virtual hug and best wishes, I hope you get your answers soon xx

1 Like

How frustrating for you! It will most certainly be sending you into a spin, i know i would be. Big hugs xx

What should I expect at the scans?

Sending love and hugs, what a horrible position to be in! My MRI scan is not until the 7th of June. It’s so frustrating I’m going to phone tomorrow to ask if there’s any cancellations x

Do you know if it’s CT and MRI Jodie? One thing I am glad for is that they combined the two in one appointment. If one can be glad about such a thing…

They’re much of the same in my experience. Difference being the MRI is longer and noisier and you might get an injection of Buscopan. It relaxes everything inside so your tummy isnt rumbling/moving about. Both are non contact and painless. Perhaps an achy back with lying still. My CT was quick. MRI 30 to 45 mins ish. My main concern was feeling claustrophobic but i had cool air blowing about. The machine is big and donut shaped so you dont feel closed in. I also was given headphones and a choice of radio station to listen to.
You’ll be grand!

1 Like

Just MRI for me I think! I had the letter confirming today…

1 Like