Bleeding

Hi all

so I’m having a bit of a panic, last night I randomly started bleeding (like the start of a period) it has carried on through the evening and is still going this morning.  It isn’t a ‘heavy’ bleed going on my past cycle however i havent had a bleed of any sort since I started treatment, I had ‘spotting’ after brachytherapy and occasional spotting after dialator but nothing else.

i had to stop my HRT patch last week due to tests I was having so I’m wondering if this is what could be causing the bleeding, however it is blood and of course it has sent my head into overdrive.

my consultant and gp are both on holiday until next week so I can’t contact them till Monday.

has anyone else had this experience? 

much love xx

Get it checked out Shell. I have bleeding from my fistula . Im.taking tranexamic acid at the moment since I was in hospital. But while I'm in hospital I had a big bleed and they had to embolise my uterine artery to stop it. But an pv exam to see where the bleeding is coming from would be a good idea. Everything inside me is really fragile and ongoing bleeding is one of my risks. Xx

I’m hoping it is due to stopping the HRT patches but I think Bexters advise is good advise. 

Good luck x 

Yes Shell, I had bleeding after 20 years. It turned out to be a new cancer . I had had a hysterectomy though. If you haven't  have that done then it could be related to the HRT. 

Karen 

Thank you, 

ill contact my consultant on Monday, the bleed had stopped with 24 hours and nothing since.  I haven’t had a hysterectomy. Will let you know how I get on xx

Hi Shell,

I know this is an old thread but can I ask what caused the bleeding? I’m having some sporadic spotting/ light bleeding lately and I’m seeing my oncologist next Tuesday. I’m just seeking for some reassurance that there can be other reasons than cancer coming back. Xx

1 Like

Hi,

I got my 5 years clear this January and can bleed spontaneous daily and just really on and off, this has been going on for years but fortunately for me it hasn’t been a recurrence of cancer. I have a very short bowel so I don’t absorb medication and nutrients/vitamins well at all so my consultants believe I’m just not absorbing enough of my HRT hence the bleeds, I have less bleeding when using HRT patches but they don’t stay stuck on my skin! I hope for the best for you and hope this May in some way help, take care xx

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Congratulations for being clear 5 years. You gave me hope. I wish you continuous good health. Sending you Much love. Xx

@May17 i pray for you. Keep us updated, pls. Huge huggs​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

@Shell17 so glad to hear that you are ok. You give us hope.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like