Bleeding, extropien and colposcopy

Hello all,

ive been having quite a lot of post coital bleeding, it's very heavy so I've been assuming it's just my period.

anyway, I took myself to the drs, she had a look and said ectropien, I suspected this as I've had one in the past, although absolutely nowhere near as bad as this.

she said other than that my cervix looks healthy, last smear was good.

i started my periods age 11, first child aged 14 and then another 2 before I turned 20.

never been on the pill but I do have the implant, that still doesn't explain the ectropien though. 

all swabs have also come back fine.

has any one had any experience of heavy post coital bleeding due to an erosion? I also bleed after a bath, excercise, bowel movements. 

generally it's around 2 weeks after the subject that I'm still bleeding, I'm now 5 days after speculum and swabs and still bleeding, not so heavily but not spotting either,but still very bright red.

gp has referred me for colposcopy to have a better look, I do hope it is just an erosion that's causing my problems.

thanks for your advice 

Hey lovely,

I too had an ectropion last year that caused some bleeding after sex. I had some discharge too and some other problems. I wasn't on any birth control at all, I guess my hormones went crazy on their own. I had cryosurgery and it seemed to sort it out I was fine for 12 months no problems at all.

Have they offered you any treatment? I had abnormal changes too so it was supposed to have treated both.

Turns out it didn't as I still have wide spread visible changes and though the ectropion is now gone which was confirmed at a colposcopy yesterday I'm bleeding again and things are being investigated, though what things they can't tell me! I saw my cervix and it freaked me right out it was horrible.

So if they think it is an ectropion hopefully it is just that, I know some people who have bled so much due to one. 

Maybe consider switching to a progesterone only contraceptive? It's supposed to help ease an ectropion as it doesn't release both hormones. Though it can make your periods irregular so still a pain in the arse to deal with. Can us women ever win! I had my first baby young and started my periods at 9 so I worry about those things not helping too.

Sorry if that wasn't much help but didn't want to read and run. Take care xx

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. 

my gp has referred me for colposcopy to make sure it is only an ectropian, I think she's just being extra cautious. Although she did tell me to expect some treatment to get rid of it, which I'll be glad of because to be honest I can't tell what's causing the bleeding with it there. ive also spent far too many months treating iron deficiency anemia so that'd also be another less thing to think about.

ill keep my fingers crossed that whatever yours is is easily put back to normal again.

thanks for responding, you've been a comfort probably more than you realise. 

Hi everyone. I have been of Birth control for over 3 years now and have had irregular periods since, just recently from beginning of March I have been bleeding between periods with a lot of brown blood also this happend throughout March to may, had one month without bleeding in between but now it’s started again ranging from fresh blood to dark. I had a smear test today and I bled quite a bit afterwards. Blood test and ultrasound was clear. Has anyway experienced this when not on any form of birth control. My anaxiety is getting the better of me.