Cervical ectropian

Hello, I'm new here, just after a bit of advice, not really sure where to post either so Thought I'd start here.

i had my first smear at 25, so 2 years ago. At the time I was spotting after sex, gp had a look and said it was an ectropian, smear came back fine, and the ectopian gradually went away, I assume as the spotting stopped.

anyway, over the last 4 weeks I've started bleeding again after sex, but now it's heavy period type bleeding along with lower abdominal pain. Which incidentally feels like period pain. The bleeding is lasting about 3 days and there's rather a lot of it. 

Im on the implant, never taken the pill. I have 3 children, oldest is 12, and I'm with the same husband .

i know I can't self diagnose, but can ectropians come back, and have symptoms that bad. I'll have to wait another 6 months for a smear, not that I'm worried about cc as my last one was fine, and that was only 2.5 years ago, I'm more worried about becoming anemic again. I was thinking about just testing another round in a few days to see if it's still causing me to bleed and if it is then I'll see the dr, I'm almost convincing myself that sex is causing me to start my period, for the last 3 weeks, which  isn't my norm but I know these implants can play havoc with monthly cycles.

thanks for l the help

Hi i have heard ectropians can come back even after treatment. Try not to worry too much