Cervical Ectropion

Hi 

I am new to the site and wonder if anyone has any experience with having a cervical extropion ?

Last month I had discharge - only one day of it, then same again this month around the same week.

I went Doctors who examined me.  She said she thought it was cervical ectropion and has referred me on a two week wait which has scared me.  I was so surpirised by what she said it was (never heard of it before) I was in a bit of shock and didnt ask any questions.

I have google it (not ideal!) and some people went doctors with it but didnt need to be referred so I wonder why she has referred me. I'm fretting she  has seen something else.  She did say thought that she did think it was cervial ectropion and showed me a picture off google! 

So stressed waiting for my appointment to come through :(

Thanks for reading x

Hi Hilly, 

I had 2 bleeds after sex 3 weeks ago. I went to the dr and she said it is cervical erosion/ectropion also and referred me to gyno to have a colposcopy. Sounds like this might be standard procedure. I'm terrified. I've had odd symptoms for about a year that I never would have thought much of and now thinking they are connected to this bleeding and I'm terrified.  Have you had a follow up? I go for my colposcopy on Tuesday and I've googled and terrified myself to the point of crazy.

Hi Hilly and Tonic girl!

I am kinda in the same situation as you both. I had my smear on Friday 6th July and was told I had cervical erosion which the nurse could see and said bleeds easily when touched. I have had bleeding after sex on and off for the last 5 years, which has gotten worse the last few months but  my last smear 3 years ago was normal. 

I bleed quite heavily during and after sex, I'm wondering if that is normal with cervical erosion? Now I'm so worried waiting for my results.

I hope you are both Ok, this waiting is awful! X

Hi Regina! 

I think it's normal to bleed when you have ectropian and it's in no way connected to cancer. Sounds positive too that your last smear was clear. I'm sure that your next one will be too!! Keep us posted. Xo