Bleeding and clots post-lletz

Hello, 

I've found lots of advice, support and comfort so far from the forum community at Jo's and thought I'd share my own experience to see how it compared and to see if anyone can help! 

Following my lletz last wed (6th mar), I had no side effects for 8 days, no bleeding or cramping just very light non offensive clear watery discharge for the first day or two.  After about day 9, I experienced a slight unpleasant  odour and lots of thicker mucus-like discharge which started clear then turned pinky and then quite a bright yellowy/orange, the same colour and consistency as egg yolk. A bit of odour similar to fish/cheese?! (So sorry!) sealed

Then about four days ago (a week before my period is due) it became more bloody (bright red) and today it now is heavier than a usual period and I'm passing clots of various sizes, the largest probably slightly larger than the size of 50ps when I go to the loo. It is by no means 'gushing' but its certainly a heavy period type of bleed with more large clots. I've also had mild cramping with a sort of tugging feeling in my cervix and occasionally shooting pains. The smell has gone... 

I called 111 today who referred to me to a walk in medical centre, after a two hour wait they then referred me back to my GP who is going to call me back today. 

My temperature is normal and i feel ok in myself, (apart from the tiredness and being a bit emotional) so i doubt it's an infection... I am now waiting for a call from my doctor to discuss further. So I look forward to being able to update you then. 

Poppy 

I had this and I did have an infection and had to have antibiotics for 2 weeks! Definitely get yourself checked out x

I had the bleeding and tugging pain after my first lletz and I did have an infection. Had 2 lots of antibiotics that cleared it. I didn't have swabs taken, the gp just looked but once I got the antibiotics the bleeding and pain stopped. Also no smell and I didn't feel unwell. Hope you get on ok x

Thank you for your responses, my doctor suggested that it sounded like an early period had been brought on that's slightly heavier due to the healing/scabbing process. 

It does seem lighter today so I'll keep an eye on things and hopefully it is just a period. 

Sorry to hear you both had infections, this is all not very fun at all! :( 

Now anxiously waiting for results, week 2! 

X  

Thank you for your responses, my doctor suggested that it sounded like an early period had been brought on that's slightly heavier due to the healing/scabbing process. 

It does seem lighter today so I'll keep an eye on things and hopefully it is just a period. 

Sorry to hear you both had infections, this is all not very fun at all! :( 

Now anxiously waiting for results, week 2! 

X