Bleeding after sex

I had a colposcopy about 2 weeks ago and since then 2 out of 4 times i have had sex i have bled a little… i am cuurentlley waiting to have my first period since giving birth 14 weeks ago so i dont know if the bleeding could be related to this… i am scared that it is related to cancer and they have missed something during the colposcopy.

I think its normal to bleed for a while lightly, and spotting after sex after a colp/biopsy whether you have cancer or not. Also the fact that you havent actually had a period since giving birth can make it very normal to bleed randomly.I believe youre fine dear :) Dont panic, take care of yourself. Stress is a killer!

Thank you. I hope you dont mind me asking but did they find your cancer quite easily during the colposcopy as i know sometimes adencornamia can be harder to detect?x 

Hi. It takes weeks to heal after a colposcopy. I think I was told to wait 4 weeks before having sex as it could quite easily irritate the cervix especially if you had a biopsy. Also you say you haven't had a period since giving birth, so it could be part of this. I too thought they'd missed something higher up with my colposcopy and read up on adenocarcinoma, glandular cells, CGIN and all of that, but as others have said it would have been picked up on a smear and then they'd investigate higher up. I hope you are feeling ok in yourself? After my results came back normal, I still worried a lot, it took me months to return to my normal self x

The problem is i havent had a smear yet as i am under 25 soo i have just had a colposcopy that is why i am worried that they have missed something higher up. 

Well she couldn't spot it during the colp, because it's higher up and out of visual. But she was able to get a sample during the biopsy, so it showed up in results.

Ok that makes sense. That is my worry that there is something higher up that has been missed. There is nothing i can do though as he discharged me and told me to just wait for my smear when i am 24 and a half