Confused and Worried

Hi all,

This is my first time writing on a forum but I have decided to bite the bullet and see if anyone can help me. 

I have been bleeding after intercourse since January this year but as stupid as this seems never thought anything of it. On the 12th May 2014 I decided to see the doctor and after an examination she said that she was sending me for a Colposcopy in a week and she also did some swabs to check for infection. At this point I was not worried as I totally expected that I would show as having a yeast infection and that would be the end of it. The day before the Colposcopy the results came back clear for infection which did surprise me and I started to worry. 

At the Colposcopy the doctor informed me I have abnormal cells and has taken 2 or 3 biopsies (can’t remember the number sorry). The doctor informed me it would be 6 to 8 weeks for the results and then I would be called back in to discuss treatment. 

So its now been nearly 2 weeks and I am worried. I know I’m probably very naive as I am only 28 and only had one smear back in 2011 which was clear (funny enough I have just received a letter informing I’m due my routine smear test), and I just want to know if anyone has had a similar experience. After reading up on everything I am now aware that bleeding after intercourse is a big symptom of cervical cancer and I would really appreciate if people can tell me what their thoughts are. I feel really in the dark and just want to know what I could be facing good or bad. 

Hope this is ok and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bleeding during and after sex was the main symptom I had when I went to see the nurse at my GP practice, I too had the swabs which came back clear so the nurse booked me in with my GP who then refered me to a consultant at hospital, I saw the consultant 2 weeks ago who got me straight in for a hysteroscopy, D&C, colposcopy and a large loop excision biopsy. I've now got to wait for the results of my biopsy which is the agonising part. Post coital bleeding is a symptom of CC but it could also be something else less serious, its a just a waiting game to find out.  I hope this helps love. Xx

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. It really helps to feel there is someone here to talk to. 90% of the time I’m not worried but every now and again it creeps into my mind and it does scare me. I hope all goes well for you and your results are clear. Do you know how long you have to wait? Thanks again for your kind words. 

Stef xx